Apendix Carry with J Frame - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Apendix Carry with J Frame

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    ???

    I just typed in the uncensored version of what HKS said in the google searchbar and that was what came up.

    Sorry if my using your posts to complete the quoted conversation between you and him confused ya.
    Quotes didn't confuse me. The links did. They each said page not there.

  2.   
  3. #42

    Apendix Carry with J Frame

    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Quotes didn't confuse me. The links did. They each said page not there.
    Hmm, that's weird. Just checked the links and I got the same message.

    Try this one. This below was what it said:

    Entry from December 10, 2013
    “Eat the apple, **** the Corps” (Marine Corps saying)
    "Eat the apple, (and/but) **** the Corps” is a Marine Corps saying from someone who is critical of the Corps. “Eat the apple and **** the Corps” has been cited in print since at least 1973.


    Unofficial, Unabridged Dictionary for Marines
    Eat the Apple, **** the Corps.
    A phrase used by Marines to express their displeasure with the Marine Corps. Usually mouthed by someone about to leave the Corps or by a Marine who has endured a perceived injustice.


    If the above link all the sudden doesn't work, all you gotta do is type "eat the apple... so on and so forth" in the google search bar.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Hmm, that's weird. Just checked the links and I got the same message.

    Try this one. This below was what it said:

    Entry from December 10, 2013
    “Eat the apple, **** the Corps” (Marine Corps saying)
    "Eat the apple, (and/but) **** the Corps” is a Marine Corps saying from someone who is critical of the Corps. “Eat the apple and **** the Corps” has been cited in print since at least 1973.


    Unofficial, Unabridged Dictionary for Marines
    Eat the Apple, **** the Corps.
    A phrase used by Marines to express their displeasure with the Marine Corps. Usually mouthed by someone about to leave the Corps or by a Marine who has endured a perceived injustice.


    If the above link all the sudden doesn't work, all you gotta do is type "eat the apple... so on and so forth" in the google search bar.
    Exactly.

    The snuffies who were rotating out of the USMC and back into the world used this phrase as their mantra.

    That's why "core" and "corps" is a play on words.

    I guess the USN personnel have just never heard of it.

    I am not "critical" of the USMC however like the Catholic Church I am leery of their brainwashing.

    But people are brainwashed from the time they are born. First parents, then teachers, then clergy, then the government, then your employers -- these all want to brainwash you one way or the other.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    ???

    I just typed in the uncensored version of what HKS said in the google searchbar and that was what came up.

    Sorry if my using your posts to complete the quoted conversation between you and him confused ya.
    Good man!

    In the Iliad a good man is an infantry soldier or charioteer who faces the enemy without fear and returns from battle with his shield or on it.

    The ancient Spartans immortalized the "with your shield" saying.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Exactly.

    The snuffies who were rotating out of the USMC and back into the world used this phrase as their mantra.

    That's why "core" and "corps" is a play on words.

    I guess the USN personnel have just never heard of it....
    Neither I nor my Hubby (retired Navy, 21 years) had heard that term. None of the Marines we've known used it.

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Neither I nor my Hubby (retired Navy, 21 years) had heard that term. None of the Marines we've known used it.
    Those sound like facts. Very good.

    Your earlier statements about this particular topic were "opinions" and the USMC D/I's that ran your USN boot camps should have taught you what opinions are like.

    And they should have taught you never to ass-u-me.

    Any boot came run by USMC D/I's is certainly good for that much, and more.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Those sound like facts. Very good.
    Just what our experience was and why I had to ask about a saying that I wasn't familiar with.

    Your earlier statements about this particular topic were "opinions" and the USMC D/I's that ran your USN boot camps should have taught you what opinions are like.

    And they should have taught you never to ass-u-me.

    Any boot came run by USMC D/I's is certainly good for that much, and more.
    As I posted to you before, there were no USMC D/I's at my boot camp. There were no Marines there, period. My boot camp was 1970, RTC(W) Bainbridge, MD. We had female company commanders who were Navy WAVE petty officers.

    Hubby's boot camp at Great Lakes didn't have Marine D/I's either.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Just what our experience was and why I had to ask about a saying that I wasn't familiar with.


    As I posted to you before, there were no USMC D/I's at my boot camp. There were no Marines there, period. My boot camp was 1970, RTC(W) Bainbridge, MD. We had female company commanders who were Navy WAVE petty officers.

    Hubby's boot camp at Great Lakes didn't have Marine D/I's either.
    All the sailors that I ever knew has USMC D/I's in their boot camps.

    I was not aware there were USN boot camps without them.

    Thanks for the info.

  10. #49
    Here are some basic rules from USMC basic training (boot camp) as taught by USMC D/I's:

    1 - Never ass-u-me

    2 - Opinions are like A/H's -- everybody's got one and they all stink

    Etc. There are a bunch more. But these are the presently relevant two.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    All the sailors that I ever knew has USMC D/I's in their boot camps.

    I was not aware there were USN boot camps without them.

    Thanks for the info.
    Enlisted Navy Recruit Division Commanders, or RDCs, train Navy enlisted boots (recruits).

    Navy Looking for Sailors to Serve as Recruit Division Commanders

    Back in my day, they were called Company Commanders (CCs) but they were always enlisted sailors.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast