Would Christ Carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Christ Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post
    Jesus definitely would not have carried, and the reason is too simple to understand for many. Jesus Christ was born to die for the sins of the world. He knew from the beginning that He would be falsely accused and condemned to the cross, and that was His job here on earth. Had Jesus wanted, He could have blown away the Pharisees and the Roman legions with a wave of His finger.

And also remember Matthew 10:34: Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

A BIG +1 and an AMEN! <><
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

3. Im into Jesus because, in addition to the laying down his life for me, he was cool with carrying.

Excellent OP. Some good replies too.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

I also do not believe that Jesus would carry, but mainly for the pragmatic reason that, being the son of god with all powers that go along with that; he didn't need to. God is subtle, when he didn't want trouble, being omnipotent/omniscient and all, he could simply affect the minds of those who would have the predisposition for trouble to want to do something else at the time. Jesus, being god, was effectively armed at all times anyway, see?

Since the rest of us don't have the benefit of unlimited power and knowledge, we have to make do with what human hands and ingenuity (which comes from god in the first place, although perhaps indirectly) can provide.
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

Would Buddha carry? Gandhi? Dr. King, Jr.? Confucius? Mohamed? Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh? I don't rightly know. They all might be on the "Don't ask, don't tell" list.

wolfhunter Guest
    GCF, does this help?

Attachment 302

As it has been said there have been a number of discussions along this line, as well this, that the Bible when translated the commandment "Thou Shalt not Kill" it was miss interpreted and actually said "Thou Shalt not Murder" which has a whole different meaning.

If they had existed then, Jesus would have likely said go sell your cloak and buy a gun, be it shotgun, pistol or riffle, single shot or auto buy what you can, and take it with at all times.

It was a long recognized that all free men (sorry most roman slaves were exempt) had the right to self defense, then and prior to the birth of Jesusl, and the sword was the technology that existed at the time.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 01-22-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Christ himself, personally, may not have carried. He apparently did not carry a sword, although there's no evidence to suggest he didn't carry a staff, which was a more innocuous but still common weapon at the time. He certainly knew how to use a whip when needed. As gpbarth said, his entire reason for being here was to die for our sins, so self-defense may not have been a top priority.

However, he also never got married or had children. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't do those things; it just means it wasn't part of his role. Turning the other cheek to injury or insult is part of maturity - it's not the same as standing by while yourself or others are violently robbed.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

He would not have needed to carry a weapon. He was the ultimate weapon, GOD fears no one and since Jesus was God Himself in the form of man, no man could do any harm to him until he was ready to allow it. His followers however were not Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    GCF, does this help?

Attachment 302
    Excellent, Wolfhunter. Yes, it's just what I needed to read. Thank you.

no don't think he would.. but he is not against me carrying protecting myself and my loved one's from evil.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12