Oh my God that's graphic!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my God that's graphic!!

I don't know, but it was a fine excuse to show off a very fine looking piece o hardware. Beautiful!

wolfhunter Guest
    Did anyone see the USCCA magazine cover with the dad with the baby sleeping on his chest and a pistol on his belt?
    Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 09:25 PM.

4. KimberPB I can look I am sure I have some here some place.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

KimberPB:

Here's the photo I was talking about.

gf

"A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Nice Glock Fan. I'll have her take a look. It should get a good response.

By the way is he a lefty?
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Question At 4 years old...

Well, I'll be darned. This is my "open my eyes and learn something new for today!" I probably would have bet the ranch that I'd never see someone so young handling a firearm. I guess we all have our pre-judgments - mine, because of this picture, was to change my thinking about a 4 year old handling a shotgun, discussed on another in-house thread. So, what is a conversion kit and how does it help a 4 year old shoot a full sized pistol? How well is he able to handle the recoil? I bet, because he's your kid, he's already an expert sharpshooter, or well on his way! WTG: GF 1 and GF2!

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Well, I'll be darned. This is my "open my eyes and learn something new for today!" I probably would have bet the ranch that I'd never see someone so young handling a firearm. I guess we all have our pre-judgments - mine, because of this picture, was to change my thinking about a 4 year old handling a shotgun, discussed on another in-house thread. So, what is a conversion kit and how does it help a 4 year old shoot a full sized pistol? How well is he able to handle the recoil? I bet, because he's your kid, he's already an expert sharpshooter, or well on his way! WTG: GF 1 and GF2!
    I think the conversion kit he's talking about is a .22 lr kit. I've even looked at some for my Kimber. Basically its a new slide, springs, barrel, and mag. You pop off the original slide, slip this one on, and you're shooting .22 out of you favorite pistol.

I don't think a 4 year old would have a problem handling the recoil of a .22 lr. Now a shotgun is a different story.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

LOL .... Well, I showed her GF's pic. About the reaction I expected. She looked at the pic then busted out with "Thats just a baby.... a baby. How could anyone let a baby handle a gun? There is no need for a baby to have a gun.... Bla Bla" Don't worry GF I stuck up for ya. I said "I think you are missing the big picture. Under the proper supervision, GF's introducing his little one to the world of shooting and guns. Teaching not only how to properly handle a firearm but respect it. But the thing I think is the greatest is just the fact that a father is taking his child out and spending quality time and allowing him to share in his hobby." Then I asked "I'm sure you love it when your husband spends time with your daughter doing a hobby they like, right?" After a few moments of silence all I got was "I still don't like it!"

LOL Thanks GF for the use of your pic!
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    LOL .... Well, I showed her GF's pic. About the reaction I expected. She looked at the pic then busted out with "Thats just a baby.... a baby. How could anyone let a baby handle a gun? There is no need for a baby to have a gun.... Bla Bla" Don't worry GF I stuck up for ya. I said "I think you are missing the big picture. Under the proper supervision, GF's introducing his little one to the world of shooting and guns. Teaching not only how to properly handle a firearm but respect it. But the thing I think is the greatest is just the fact that a father is taking his child out and spending quality time and allowing him to share in his hobby." Then I asked "I'm sure you love it when your husband spends time with your daughter doing a hobby they like, right?" After a few moments of silence all I got was "I still don't like it!"

LOL Thanks GF for the use of your pic!
    Kimber some people will never get it. I'll bet she has nothing against letting her child sit in front of T.V. absorbing all the garbage but would recoil if the child saw a gun.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Nice Glock Fan. I'll have her take a look. It should get a good response.

By the way is he a lefty?

He's normally right handed, but in this shot, he wanted to "try something different".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast