Walmart No longer stocking Ammo. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart No longer stocking Ammo.

I'm glad I reload, I checked the ammo section last night because my wife needed some stuff... so I got two departments I like magazines to read all the gun magazines, and then sporting goods. I could not believe my eyes just doing a price check on Winchester White box .44 Magnum $32.97 for a 50 round box.

I'm glad I reload.
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

One thing I personally need to do is go ahead and start buying some excess ammo. Supplies have been good here, and I think alot of folks in my area have been pretty laxed about stocking up. We keep hearing about how ammo is hard to find, but its not in our area..yet.

wolfhunter Guest
    WalMarts in Navarre and Ft. Walton Beach, FL have almost no ammo available except 12 ga #7.5 shot. WalMart in Crestview, FL just 30 miles away is well stocked by comparison.

Here in Reno, NV, the shelves in my Walmart are bare as well. Anyone know what is really going on?? There can't be so much of a run on ammo that it is no longer available. Is Walmart looking to phase out their sale of ammo? Definitely worth a call to Corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndwell View Post
    Here in Reno, NV, the shelves in my Walmart are bare as well. Anyone know what is really going on?? There can't be so much of a run on ammo that it is no longer available. Is Walmart looking to phase out their sale of ammo? Definitely worth a call to Corporate.
    At first that's what the worker at my walmart told me. Something like "they are not doing it any more it's costing to much" When i asked again he showed me the e-mail that said they are working as fast as they can to restock ammo. K-mart seems to still have a lot of ammo.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

After doing some searching i have tracked down the e-mail that was sent out by WalMart to it's stores here it is.

This e-mail was sent out to all sporting goods dept. managers on 1/7/09.

Subject: Ammunition out of stocks

Customer concerns about the possibility of new taxes or restrictions on the sale of ammunition is driving them to buy ammunition in record amounts.
    The merchandising and replenishment teams are working to get all the ammunition we can from our suppliers to keep every store in stock.However, suppliers are working at full capacity on many items and cannot keep up with the current demand.
    There is no way to know how long this situation will exist,but based on commitments from our suppliers,we expect in stocks to slowly improve each month.
    In the meantime,please do not call the office or the suppliers to get additional goods.Large quantity orders for individual customers will not be able to be filled for the time being.We all want to take care of our customers,but as goods become available,we will send them out as fairly as possible.
    Thank you for all you do in taking care of our customers.

8. Stock is coming back in my area so I say the OP is BS.

No, its not fully stocked but they are getting stuff in now. I have a friend in sporting goods and he says not too worry. He says at least this WM will continue to sell ammo and guns for that matter. He says they have always sold alot of guns.

The real deal is that the manufacturers cannot keep up with demand. That is directly from an internal memo at WM. Confirmed by a few folks who work there.

Stock will come back.

Didnt catch the post above. Yes, thats whats going on.
    Last edited by AllAmerican; 01-18-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

...."for the time being..."hmmmm, I wonder how long that will be.
    I was at Salem, NH WallyWorld this past weekend and They were also Very low in their case. I did notice however that their 9mm was $18.97/100 WWB and the Plaistow, NH store I was at earlier in the week had the same for $19.97. I paid the $19. because I hit that store first . I will check the other store next week sometime if I go and speak with one of the people I know and get the latest also. I won't mention the "letter/email" from their HQ, but see what they say. Thnx S&WM&P40 for posting the letter/email.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Yeah i will try and hit up the West Lebanon store and see what they have. I will also check out the guns ( lol they pulled the guns out of my super center open 24 hours a day). Sucks but hey if things don't sell they get dumped.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Yeah i will try and hit up the West Lebanon store and see what they have. I will also check out the guns ( lol they pulled the guns out of my super center open 24 hours a day). Sucks but hey if things don't sell they get dumped.
    I was told that the decision to keep or remove guns from a store is based on a dollar threshold in firearm sales. My local store has been moved or remodeled twice in 12 years, each time the store was evaluated to determine if the store would continue to carry long guns.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast