Walmart No longer stocking Ammo. - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Walmart No longer stocking Ammo.

wolfhunter Guest
    Georgia Arms was at the gun show and I picked up 500 rds .45ACP, 500 rds 9mm, and 100 rds .45LC

its not because there not stocking it, when they get it it goes out the door fast and there haveing trouble getting it, same goes with some rifles in the racks some have been on back order for awhile and they dont know when there getting in more.its not them so much as there supplers.i was talking to the guy in the gun dept yesterday.only rifles they have are the expensive ones left and shotguns.

Wally here in Lebanon seems to fluctuate. If they're out of a particular caliber one visit, they usually have it back in the next time I'm there (which is inevitably sooner than I care to be visiting again).

The Wal-Mart in Scottsburg, In (the southern and more conservative of a very gun friendly state) no longer carries firearms. I have no idea why, because there are only 4 places within a 30 mile radius that do. I also heard that this particular store sold more, as a percentage of total sales, than any other in the area. I don't think that it has anything to do with the fact that they are not moving, as it does that they just do not want that kind of business anymore for fear of a lawsuit. They still carry ammo, barely. I was in there today and thay had a vareity of 50rd boxes of 22lr, 3 wwb 44 Magnum and 3wwb 38 special. They had a fair amount of deer slugs,(to be expected, cant use a rifle in IN to hunt deer) and a hit or miss selection of rifle, and several 100rd boxes of shotshells. My problem is that when I have the money to buy several boxes of ammo, they have nothing I can use. The local hardware/sporting goods store is about the same, maybe a better selection, but typically 25% more per box, and still hardly any centerfire pistol.
    "Guns Dont cause murder, If I really wanted someone dead, I could do it with a hammer"
    Me 1995. High School. Senior Government -Anti Gun Control Speech

Quote Originally Posted by JBob77 View Post
    The Wal-Mart in Scottsburg, In (the southern and more conservative of a very gun friendly state) no longer carries firearms. I have no idea why, because there are only 4 places within a 30 mile radius that do. I also heard that this particular store sold more, as a percentage of total sales, than any other in the area. I don't think that it has anything to do with the fact that they are not moving, as it does that they just do not want that kind of business anymore for fear of a lawsuit. They still carry ammo, barely. I was in there today and thay had a vareity of 50rd boxes of 22lr, 3 wwb 44 Magnum and 3wwb 38 special. They had a fair amount of deer slugs,(to be expected, cant use a rifle in IN to hunt deer) and a hit or miss selection of rifle, and several 100rd boxes of shotshells. My problem is that when I have the money to buy several boxes of ammo, they have nothing I can use. The local hardware/sporting goods store is about the same, maybe a better selection, but typically 25% more per box, and still hardly any centerfire pistol.
    I believe they would be protected under the same law that protects gun stores and manufacturers from being sued for miss use of their products, so that is not a very good excuse if they are indeed using it....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Since I got back to the U.S. 2 1/2 mo. ago, the two closest Wal Mart stores have each been giving me the same story: "We just changed managers, and the new manager does not have his state (MA.) permit yet. We can't sell ammo until he gets it." Sales people claim there is ammo at both locations, but of course it is all locked up. (Wonder what price it will be if/when they start selling it again?) Meanwhile, some local sporting goods stores have some calibers, others have less/more. (Wish I owned a lot of old stock in the ammo companies!)
    Last edited by llama; 06-12-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Expanded remarks beyond "Wal Mart"
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in this world and those who know better." (T.Robbins)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678