Buds Penny Auction Question

Thread: Buds Penny Auction Question

Buds Penny Auction Question

Can anybody explain how this Buds Penny Auction works. I got an e-mail yesterday about one opened it up and looked at what they were offering. Saw a Berreta 22 so I said to myself what the heck I'll throw in a bid. I went to the Auto Bid Section and put in a $10.00 bid just for kicks and giggles. It had five hours left on the auction. I looked at it today and someone got it for a few dollars much less than my top bid. Did I do something wrong or is this just a come on?

Quote Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
    Can anybody explain how this Buds Penny Auction works. I got an e-mail yesterday about one opened it up and looked at what they were offering. Saw a Berreta 22 so I said to myself what the heck I'll throw in a bid. I went to the Auto Bid Section and put in a $10.00 bid just for kicks and giggles. It had five hours left on the auction. I looked at it today and someone got it for a few dollars much less than my top bid. Did I do something wrong or is this just a come on?
    Taking a quick look at the Howitworks page: eGunner Penny Auctions - Buy Guns and Accessories at Penny Auction Prices. if you set your autobidder for a number of bids that did not expend you max bid amount, it may have stopped before your bid outbid the winner.

I think that's what happened. But I haven't yet stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that just opened up up the road.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

It's not a scam, but there is a learning curve, I have never won