45 ACP Barrel length - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 45 ACP Barrel length

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    In the video you just posted at 0:33 "unless they are properly set-up, maintained, and with correct ammo, they can be problematic". So you proved my point that they can be reliable if properly set-up, maintained, and have the correct ammo. thanks
    You are picking and choosing a few words out of the video to support your argument, when the entire video does not support your argument. Go and ask Ken Hackathorn what he thinks about your 3" Kimber Ultra Carry. The last sentence of the video summarizes his argument about today's mass-produced 1911s: They suck!

    I presented you with 2 well-kown firearms experts that will tell you to your face that your 3" Kimber Ultra Carry is a piece of garbage. You are free to talk to both personally at the NRA Annual Meeting in Atlanta on April 27-30, 2017 about that.

    You presented exactly, nothing, other than calling Rob Pincus a fanboy and not reputable, which is quite foolish.

  2.   
  3. You have also presented exactly nothing, but what people think, AKA their opinions, again not facts. If you go by this way of thinking all Glocks are junk too, because people think they fail. You need to learn the difference of what is opinion and what is fact. I don't think posting on this tread will do much good at this point.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    You have also presented exactly nothing, but what people think, AKA their opinions, again not facts. If you go by this way of thinking all Glocks are junk too, because people think they fail. You need to learn the difference of what is opinion and what is fact. I don't think posting on this tread will do much good at this point.
    So, the professional expert opinions of Rob Pincus and Ken Hackathorn that are based on data from training thousands of students in tens of thousands of training hours that involved shooting millions of rounds are not facts to you. Got it! That just means that nothing will convince you and the term 1911 fanboy is not an insult or attack, just a fact as well.

    I understand that you will cease to post in this thread as you made a complete fool out of yourself already with your post #6. The irony is that when Rob Pincus originally posted his video, he got spammed by 1911 fanboys about how well their 1911s run. Yet it took 2.5 years to have a single Kimber Full Size Custom to complete his class without a stoppage. As far as I know, there is not a single subcompact 1911 that has completed his class without a stoppage ever. If you would have read the video comments, as I suggested, you would have known that.

    Again, you are free to prove Rob Pincus, Ken Hackathon, James Yeager and many other firearms instructors wrong by taking one of their training classes with your 3" Kimber Ultra Carry and have no stoppage. That would certainly prove your argument with an undeniable fact. However, you may also just learn the truth about your gun, which is what training is about in the first place.

    Your diversion to Glocks is hilarious. Please show me a single reputable firearms trainer that argues stock Glocks are not reliable. My argument is not about that reputable firearms trainers think 1911 will fail, but that reputable firearms trainers have seen over and over again in their training classes that 1911s do regularly fail, especially the subcompact ones that fail consistently.

    Have I seen Glocks fail in classes, absolutely! One time there was this Glock that hasn't been cleaned properly and was completely gunked up after firing thousands of rounds. The student couldn't operate the slide anymore. The gun was simply not maintained at all by the student. I don't think she ever cleaned the gun before. However, in contrast to subcompact 1911s and even many full-size 1911s that have at least one stoppage per day, clean stock Glocks run through multi-day classes with a 500-700 round count per day just fine, so do Sigs and S&W M&Ps.

    James Yeager once successfully fired 1000 rounds in 14 minutes through a stock Glock 19 Gen 3 with 4 stoppages caused by ammo. The plastic guide rod melted, which resulted in Glock introducing a metal guide rod with the Gen 4 series. I have 16,000+ rounds through my Glock 19 with only 2 user-induced and 1 ammo-related stoppage, if I remember correctly. That Glock 19 went through a number multi-day training classes. Call me a Glock fanboy, if you will, but I don't take that as an attack or insult.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    North Western Oregon
    Posts
    143
    Well I am off to a advanced skills course, no 45 for me, no 1911. I will use my Springfield XDM 9 5.25...
    I have three 1911's a 5" Ruger, a 4.25" Para, and a Rock Island 3.5" Officers model. I believe my 1911's to be great, but a personal injury left me with a broken right wrist (I am right handed) I have no pinch to speak of with my right thumb (It is constantly in the hitch hike mode) so rapid snicking off of the safety is problematic. If my thumb worked, I'd use a 1911. Plus I already have a suitable range holster for the Spring field and 1911's and none for my other potential candidates for this course.
    Shooting as much as I will be, said wrist tires quicker with bigger calibers.
    None of this really answers why the sweet spot for 45 ACP barrels seems to be 3.3", yes there are shorter and definitely longer, but most designs that came in the 60's or later, for concealed carry, have 3.3" barrels. Kahr uses a 3.24" barrel, but S&W Shield is 3.3", XDS is 3.3", XD SC Mod 2 is 3.3", you would think that a 3.1" or a 2.9" would be out there.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Well I am off to a advanced skills course, no 45 for me, no 1911. I will use my Springfield XDM 9 5.25...
    I have three 1911's a 5" Ruger, a 4.25" Para, and a Rock Island 3.5" Officers model. I believe my 1911's to be great, but a personal injury left me with a broken right wrist (I am right handed) I have no pinch to speak of with my right thumb (It is constantly in the hitch hike mode) so rapid snicking off of the safety is problematic. If my thumb worked, I'd use a 1911. Plus I already have a suitable range holster for the Spring field and 1911's and none for my other potential candidates for this course.
    Shooting as much as I will be, said wrist tires quicker with bigger calibers.
    None of this really answers why the sweet spot for 45 ACP barrels seems to be 3.3", yes there are shorter and definitely longer, but most designs that came in the 60's or later, for concealed carry, have 3.3" barrels. Kahr uses a 3.24" barrel, but S&W Shield is 3.3", XDS is 3.3", XD SC Mod 2 is 3.3", you would think that a 3.1" or a 2.9" would be out there.
    I'm new to 1911s. This is interesting info to me. But how is a barrel measured? Where is start point? I assume end point is at business end of barrel. Still learning...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    I'm new to 1911s. This is interesting info to me. But how is a barrel measured? Where is start point? I assume end point is at business end of barrel. Still learning...
    Normally, from breech face to muzzle.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    You have also presented exactly nothing, but what people think, AKA their opinions, again not facts. If you go by this way of thinking all Glocks are junk too, because people think they fail. You need to learn the difference of what is opinion and what is fact. I don't think posting on this tread will do much good at this point.
    As I told you, here was your chance to talk to James Yeager, Ken Hackathorn and Rob Pincus personally at the NRA Annual Meeting in Atlanta on April 30, 2017, about your 3" Kimber Ultra Carry:

    45 ACP Barrel length-18192348_1332514456825349_2132423401863692643_o.jpg

    This picture is from James Yeager's Facebook page.

  9. I love it that this bothers you so much. Put on your big boy pants, get a job, and tell your mom you're moving out; and let it go. It's sad you don't have better things to do than this.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    I love it that this bothers you so much. Put on your big boy pants, get a job, and tell your mom you're moving out; and let it go. It's sad you don't have better things to do than this.
    LOL. I posted this for pure entertainment value. At least, I managed to get you post again on this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast