New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 109
Page 109 of 647 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

hello

hello.
    Yes, I am new here. I live just north of Cincinnati. I've been carrying since about 1980 under the old Ohio "prudent man" statute, but I finally got my CHL only because of Barry 0bama. I have a bad feeling that he or Rahm are going to try to ban private firearm ownership, so last January I got my CHL. I also finally bought a 30-06 and a Ruger 10/22. I figured that if I need to be prepared, I better get one when I can - eh?

You are going to ask... why Kay Ate Yellow Snow. I will leave you to keep guessing on that one.

Bob

New user from Virginia here, I have found the information here to be extremely helpful. It's nice to find all this info in one place, and hopefully some friends with the same interests.

4. reply to threads

ohio big dog i"m not big at talking but i like to listen and check out the sight but i will tell you i came from a time where things was handel with fists.living in north ohio you have a killing every night and brake ins day and night i soon found out the old way is out .i went downand now have my ccw for ohio i now carrie hk 45 with 230 gr sxt hollow points timessure have change so i will set back and read all the info you people put out. ithink this might get posted.you will have to forgive the typing and writeing i was bad in english hope you all have a good day and dont have to use your gun only to shoot targets.

5. Hi, I'm Andy, code name Ange.
    I'm on 9 weeks and 5 days of my 8 week wait for my Ct permit, so no gun yet. I've always wanted to get a gun for HD/SD, but was always under the impression it was harder than it was, err is and needed a reason. After I became disabled, I felt it was time. Now I'm just waiting, doing research and did I mention waiting?

An dy

Hey there..., from AZ...!

Jason here..., born & raised in Northern AZ (Flagstaff)...

I've been carrying since shortly after AZ adopted the right to CCW..., but I can't remember exactly what year it was... I believe it was sometime in early-mid 90's...

Anyways..., can't exactly remember every pistol I've carried since having my CCW..., but I sure can remember my favorite - Kimber Ultra Carry (I added a crimson trace laser grip) and carried this pistol through at least two ccw renewals (over 8 years). Recently I've been carrying a S&W Airweight (.38 +P) and really do like it for the fact that I can't feel it at all (whether I'm wearing it on the small of my back, in a hip holster, in my pocket or on my ankle)..., however, really would like to go back to my .45!

Let's see..., other than that, I have an expensive & time consuming fascination w/firearms. I collect..., I keep..., I sell..., I trade..., etc...

My current favorites:

For Carry:
    S&W Airweight & Kimber Ultra Carry

For Home Defense:
    Kimber SIS Pro w/Streamlight Laser & Light Combo
    AND S&W M&P AR-15 (M.O.E. in Dark Earth) (LOADED w/the Goodies!)
    AND Remington (TACTICAL) 11-87 Police

For Hunting
    Weatherby .223 WSSM w/Leupold Optics
    AND Weatherby .300 WSM w/Leupold Optics
    AND MG Arms .375 H&H w/Leupold Optics

Well, very excited to find this site & look forward to talking shop w/you all!
    JW - Northern AZ
    "You Eat The Rabbit Food & I'll Eat The Rabbit"
    NRA - Life Member & SCI - Life Member

7. I spent a lot of time in Dayton at 'The Cash'. I know exactly what you are saying. Frigidaire was interesting. Had fun times around the area. Great people. Enjoy this 'Gun site' Briar, I use the term in friendship.. :>)

8. Just joined today. Have carried since 1991. Hope to learn a few things and pass on a few.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello, I'm new to the sight and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. My name is Matt but ya'll can call me Mackdaddy1911a1. I am an over the road truck driver and rarely get home to carry a gun or have the oppertunity to get out and shoot. However I am a life member of the NRA and believe that it is every Americans duty to know how to use firearms as well as Right to BARE ARMS. I have never been assualted or robbed. However as a boy one of my mom's former friends aimed a gun at her when they got into an argument. I will never forget the overwhelming feeling of helplessness as I (I was only 5 or 6) just stood there and cursed the woman.I couldn't have stopped her if she had descided to shoot my mom. Where were the cops? Where was my Dad? In that moment it became clear to me that I could only rely on myself if a situation like that ever happened again.

As a truck driver I can not carry firearms or even knives in the truck in most places. As a truck driver I had to give up several of my constitutional rights in order to drive. The right to bare arms is only one.Well as long as I'm in the truck anyway. Anywho I'm not here to belly ache I just wanted to say hello from the Great State of Georgia and to get as much info as possible befoer I apply for a C.C.P.

Welcome new members! We're glad to have you aboard...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I have been lurking around and reading posts on here for a while so I thought I should join in.
    I'm a CCW holder from Florida.
    I am a single dad, a Boy Scout Leader, and in my spare time I work as an account rep for a promotional items company.

I love to go shooting, I just wish I had more time :-)
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "