New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 13
Page 13 of 647 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Thumbs up Ireland and its gun laws

Firstly thank you all for the welcome.
    As regards gun laws in Ireland the wind of change has once again shown blown.
    There is no shortage of guns in ireland at least not illegal ones. Going back to the early 70`s the irish goverment asked the people to hand in any handguns and certain rifles for a period when the country was facing a rise in terrorist activity in relation to Northern Ireland.

Those that did give guns over fought a lenghy battle to have them returned and it took up to a few years ago for the law to change and for people to once again have the right to own handguns.
    At present there are approx 3000 handguns in legal ownership in ireland. You can apply to have one but the Police ( GARDA) make it tough in some cases and others seem to have no problem depending on your local police chief.
    Recently in responce to a rise in gun crime the Minister for justice has in his wisdom decided he is now going to ban legal ownership of handguns and certain rifles, none of which will make a damn difference to gun crime.
    We should know by July 2009 where we stand , hopefully sense will prevail and we can keep our guns.
    Bobbby.

Thanks for the reply, bobby. We can feel your anguish on the bureaucracy of firearm ownership. Liberals will never learn that taking away firearms from the law abiding citizens only empowered the criminals. It's a known fact that having a firearm and being allowed to protect yourself will curtail crime. It sounds like you and your fellow countrymen need to start a campaign of civil disobedience, if allowed, to voice your opinion on this matter. Good luck and please keep us informed on what develops in the next few months.

Fred
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

4. howdy

neat site....I am in the process of moving to eastern Nv. from california and have some questions about how to get my residence established and my right to purchase guns in my new home as fast as possible...also lookin for folks to show me some nice spots to shoot around the wendover area...thanks

welcome

6. Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm 51 and have been shooting my whole life. I shoot 4-position smallbore indoor in the winter,and love varmint hunting, plinking, and anything that goes bang. My favorite cartridge is the 45/70, been shooting that for over 30 years and recently bought a BFR in 45/70. Dave

wolfhunter Guest
    Welcome UEG and T.Gibson

Welcome from SC, T.Gibson, lodonne and UEG. We're glad to have you aboard!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

9. New Member

Hello all,
    Edward from upstate new york here. I've been a member for a few days and I have been browsing the forums. I'm finding a lot of useful information inside these walls. I hope to see you all around in the forums.

wolfhunter Guest
    Hi, Edward and Iodonne.

11. New member

New member from Kansas,Just took CCH class and looking for S&W M&P .40 compact for carry.I can but through my father in law but his supplier is out.After seeing what a shop pays it is hard to go pay full price,if any of you guys know of a good online store with right prices let me know,Thanks ,Rusty