New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 130
Page 130 of 648 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 6477

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. New Member

I'm a new member but a long time supporter of the right to own and use firearms. I'm looking for the right handgun once I obtain a ccw. The Taurus 709 slim looks like a pretty decent 9 mm. Anyone have any experience with that firearm? Or, suggestions for a compact 9 mm?

I prefer a glock in .40cal. Good quality weapon with plenty of fire power and the most important part is it's ability to knock down the perp. A 9mm is ok but a little light in firepower. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by stovebolt View Post
    I prefer a glock in .40cal. Good quality weapon with plenty of fire power and the most important part is it's ability to knock down the perp. A 9mm is ok but a little light in firepower. JMHO

I agree. My favorate carry gun is a Glock .40 however I also carry a Glock .357 sig a great deal as well. Wife and daughter carry Smith J frame .38s in their purses.

In the winter I carry my Glock in a belt holster outside the belt. In summer I carry a Glock in an inside the waistband holster. Both conceal well. Frankly, I don't actually care if my firearm shows in public. I carry concealed but am not overly concerned if it is spotted. Open carry is legal here anyway.

5. Thumbs up New From Wisconsin

I'm retired Law Enforcement, and fully support the 2nd Amendment. I'm glad to be a new member and it's a pleasure to meet all of you. Let the Constitution be our guide always and in all matters.

Hello all im new to this forum also. I'm a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment just like the rest of you.
    Does anyone on here have any experience with the S&W M&P .45acp? Do you think it would be a good concealed weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by markstodd View Post
    I'm a new member but a long time supporter of the right to own and use firearms. I'm looking for the right handgun once I obtain a ccw. The Taurus 709 slim looks like a pretty decent 9 mm. Anyone have any experience with that firearm? Or, suggestions for a compact 9 mm?
    Hi, Hubby & I both have one.We have had NO issues at all! We also have the Tauras 738 (380) its also a great little gun! The 709 is my main carry weapon .I use a belly band for it. The 738 is my back up & its in a ankle band! The site on all 3 have been dead on from the get go also!

8. Looks like I am the FNG here, some call me gs78, some a lot worse. I have a few facts and a ton of opinions. I am in the mid-atlantic region. I found this forum through another forum.

Greetings all. Very happy to have stumbled upon this site. I will look forward to reading your posts and I have several to bring to the table myself, especially since there is currently a bill on the table in Iowa to permanently take guns/ gun ownership rights on a misdemeanor charge if it is related to a domestic violence situation.

welcome to all the new members glad to have ya

Greetings

Greetings from Iowa where the ICADV is trying to force a bill that will take your guns on a domestic violence misdemeanor.