New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 131
Page 131 of 647 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Hey All, I am new here and look forward to sharing ideas and rec'ing the same. Long time hunter and outdoors lover. NRA Life Member. summs up my thought process on the 2ND Amendment.

Welcome all new members! We're glad to have you aboard...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I'm new to all this stuff, but I have my gun 4 comfort

InspiredShot.com - Shoot with Faith

Great day all! I am an NRA certified instructor looking to expand my horizons. I recently joined Facebook too. These long cold snowy witer days are bummin' me out. Anybody near Liberty Center ohio contact me and we'll go to the range in Colton, Ohio 3 miles away. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnieloo View Post
    Greetings from Iowa where the ICADV is trying to force a bill that will take your guns on a domestic violence misdemeanor.
    I am watching the whole Iowa debacle. My wife is from Waverly, and I spend a lot of time on the Iowa Nebraska border for work, so I am very interested in the whole IowaCarry things going on right now.

6. I am a new member to this group. I am looking forward to learning quite a bit. I have already picked up a lot of information here perusing the site. Keep up the great work!

Rich
    Salt Lake City
    Glock 27
    Springfield XDm .40
    .22 Remington Rifle

Hello from Iowa. Question I'm applying for a permit to carry and am aware that I have to take a firearms safety course. Which I think is great. On the application for the permit to carry it asks for a statement of justification. What would be a good reason? other than "because I want to" or sounding like a paranoid freak that might shoot anything that moves?

8. First post here, From Utah.
    Hi InspiredShot, RichG, and CEW.
    Last edited by Thwolf; 02-26-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Just sayin' hello!

9. Hi Thwolf. What part of Utah are you from?
    Rich
    NRA Member. Supporter of ALL of the Bill of Rights! Glock 27. Springfield XDm .40
    .22 Remington Rifle

Interesting article I found on the local news site. Now the government wants our toys....
    ATF seizes 30 toy guns, infuriating local business owner
    CORNELIUS, Ore. - A local business owner is flabbergasted after a shipment of 30 toy guns for his store was confiscated by ATF agents in Tacoma.

Brad Martin and his son, Ben, sell the Airsoft BB guns from their store in Cornelius where they’ve been in business for seven years.

The Martins said they buy their stock from Taiwan because the merchandise is less expensive. But the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives seized a shipment of 30 in October. That shipment is worth around $12,000 and the ATF is promising to destroy the entire shipment.

Special Agent Kelvin Crenshaw said the toys can be easily retro-fitted into dangerous weapons.

"With minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun," Crenshaw said.

Brad Martin is furious about the loss of money, for sure, but also in what he now thinks as a loss of his time and the use of government agents to seize toy guns.

"All this manpower, all this time, all this taxpayer money, [it is] wasting my time and my profitability,” Martin said. “[Just] to seize 30 toy guns!"

Ben Martin disagrees that the toy guns could ever be considered dangerous.

"To say these are readily convertible to machine guns is absolutely preposterous,” he said. “The round wouldn't go into the firing chamber and even if the firing pin did strike the primer the gun would basically blow up in your face.”

ATF said it also seized the toys because they are missing the blaze orange tips required on all imported toy guns.

The Martins said they've received shipments before from Taiwan that were missing the orange tips and were simply asked by customs agents to drive up to Tacoma and paint the tips orange themselves. They are wondering why it is an issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by willipat View Post
    They are wondering why it is an issue now.
    Because Eric Holder is AG.