New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 138
Page 138 of 647 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by smith934 View Post
    Two simple words; Self defense.

AND this is another reason to put on your permit request: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

http://news-political.com/2009/11/30...sible-gun-law/

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont ’s own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register “non-gun-owners” and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. Thus Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun.

Maslack read the “militia” phrase of the Second Amendment as not only affirming the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as a clear mandate to do so. He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a “monopoly of force” by the government as well as criminals.

Vermont ’s constitution states explicitly that “the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State” and those persons who are “conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms” shall be required to “pay such equivalent.” Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to “any situation that may arise.”

WOOOO! Go Vermont!!!

Hello to all from a new member in South Carolina.

I received my CWP last year and have been carrying since. I've been reading the forums here off and on since I first started investigating getting my permit, and have found this site (and a few others like it) to be an excellent resource. I thought I'd finally register an account and add my $0.02 now and then.

I'm a professional geek and work as a systems and network administrator for a law firm which does primarily foreclosures and collections... meaning, I deal with a lot of very stressed and pissed-off people, and I have to work long hours quite often. I find the feeling of security I get from carrying concealed very comforting when walking to my car at 11pm.

Even ignoring my source of employment and the inevitable charged emotions associated with the industry, though, there are some very disturbed people out there, and many who don't respect order, the rule of law, or the life and property of others. It was with that sad fact in mind that I encouraged my parents to attend the State-mandated training program and obtain their CWPs with me, which they gladly did. We received them together, and are all happier for it.

I am thankful our right to keep and bear arms is protected by our Constitution, and I'm thrilled to be able to assist others in understanding their rights, and in protecting them.

Keep up the good work. Cheers!
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

hey

thank you a pleaser to be here hope to learn alot thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnieloo View Post
    AND this is another reason to put on your permit request: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

http://news-political.com/2009/11/30...sible-gun-law/

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont ’s own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register “non-gun-owners” and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. Thus Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun.

Maslack read the “militia” phrase of the Second Amendment as not only affirming the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as a clear mandate to do so. He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a “monopoly of force” by the government as well as criminals.

Vermont ’s constitution states explicitly that “the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State” and those persons who are “conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms” shall be required to “pay such equivalent.” Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to “any situation that may arise.”

WOOOO! Go Vermont!!!
    Could you provide a better link please? I was unable to bring it up with that one, and am too tired tonight to dig for it.
    Last edited by MatieA; 03-10-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Edited for typos
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

6. @Condition One SC: Thank you for the words of Wisdom. Seldom these days are they truthfully spoken. I would happily surmise 'The Dumbing Down' process missed you and your associates :>)

Hello everyone

Hello everyone,

I'm glad I found your site..looks pretty good. I am a retired police officer from the east coast. I taught at the police academy and also was a firearms instructor for many, many years. 18 years in law enforcement. Are there any active law enforcement or other retired police officers in here? Just wondering. I use to belong to many law enforcement organizations, but I have let them expire since I've been out of law enforcement for quite a few years now.

Are there any of you in here that collect police patches? Not promoting anything here, but I do collect them and trade them off with other law enforcement agencies all across the country. One last comment or question I should say..does anyone in here know where an older guy like me can buy a pancake holster for a Smith & Wesson 357 mag...it's a bit difficult to fine someone who still sells them..

Thanks everyone, good site here!

Vince Tortomasi

Thumbs up Rhode Island resident

I am Andy from R.I. I am just starting to gather info needed to get my carry permit. From what i have been reading it seems like we have to jump thru a lot of hoops to get it. Wish me luck!

I do like the forum , VERY informative!! Thanks.

9. My intro from SC. Hope to learn and also to contribute.

10. Welcome aboard GOV 5. A Friend is part time Court Bailiff..Rock Hill.. if mem serves me.

new member from Idaho

Hey all,

Just wanting to pop in and into myself. Living up here in the great state of N. Idaho, found the site and looking forward to learning and discussing on the many topics!