New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 143
Page 143 of 648 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6477

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Post New from south sound Washington State

31yr old, husband,father of 4, take care of 2 disabled relatives. Been shooting most my life, and been carrying with my CCW for around 2yrs now.I'm 5'7",204lbs,solid & stocky build. My primary carry is a SIG P220 match 10rd. I carry it all the time, even to the shower wrapped in a towel. Member NRA & USCCA. Grew up in a bad part of the city, and now own a house in it. Come from a large family, where most my relatives have seved in all our wars, and in peace-time. Probably the reason I grew up to be a responsible, and hardworking member of society. Came across this group, so I decide I would join some more like-minde people. Glad to be here, hope to share and learn some more info. Thanks to ALL the vets here too, my family all appreciate the service you have provided. God Bless & Stay Safe.
    Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 07:03 PM.
    Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.

Hi from central Florida

Hello
    Just another NEW GUY checkin in. Just want to say Hello for New Hampshire. Is there "Spirited Discusion HERE?

New to THIS Fourm

Leavenworth, KS and Fort Riley/Junction City, KS

Looks like an interesting forum so far.
    Dan Hammond, Sr.
    Christian and No Foolin' Infidel
    NRA Marksmanship Instructor and Training Counselor, RSO, KS CCH Instructor

6. And yet another new guy to this forum. Chillin out in Iraq, can't wait to go home and start carryin concealed again. So far this forum looks like a great place to be.

New member - just sayin' hi.

8. New member from Delaware checkin' in to say hello!

Wink RichieD

Look up"Windicator" for inexpensive 357Mag/38SP interchange under $300. 2in Barrel Rubber grip. Revolver is safest for new folks then later go to semi. Made in Germany sold in US out of Fla.

SA, DAO, or both

Excellent point, Larry. You're absolutely right--in a defensive situation, you want to be able to simply pull the trigger on a DA revolver or pistol (semi-autos are generally referred to as pistols). But when I'm target shooting, I like to be able to cock the hammer and enjoy the light, short trigger pull that adds so much accuracy to such a short gun. This flexibility is precisely why I chose the 851. The shrouded hammer, as opposed to a concealed hammer, lets you draw from deep concealment without the risk of a hammer hanging up on your clothing, or even fire from within a coat pocket reliably, and STILL give you the ability to cock and fire in SA mode.

Kind of the same token, my Makarov is a SA/DA. When normally carrying the hammer is down; It has a de-cocker safety. The first shot would be double action, but every shot after that would be single action. I have a 357 that I can either shoot single or double. Just depends on the mood and situation. I also love my original Ruger single action revolver. Only a 22, but a blast to shoot (no pun intended).