New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 145
Page 145 of 647 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Up_North View Post
    Hi Folks-
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I come from New Hampshire and I am a NRA instructor in pistolL,rifle and shotgun. I am also a Massachsusetts Basc Firearms Instuctor. I am currently licensed to carry in NH,ME,MA,CT,PA,VA,FL,and UT.
    I look forward to partipating in USACARRY.

Steve
    Welcome to the site from MA..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Skywarrior View Post
    Hi to all. New to the forum and though I'd start here.
    Upstate NY. Love it there. Have a summer place south of Lowville.

Welcome to the site...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Hey Y'all: Just a quick hello from the great state of South Carolina. Just joined and thought I would give the traditional southern shout out to all of you. Looking forward to getting up to speed and sharing experiences as time allows.

There's a reason it was called the "Peacemaker".

Quote Originally Posted by Milto View Post
    Hi Larry. Confusing huh!?! Lot's of good info here. I myself have been carrying concealed for almost 15 years. I had a CCW in California when I lived there for two cycles, and have just renewed mine here in Utah the third time - 10 years - and I carry most every day. The thing that contiually tosses over in my mind is will it be enough to bring down / stop the attack? I have carried mostly revolvers - concealed, but occasionally I have carried pistols. Most common shells I find on the ground when shooting is 9mm. A guy wants to be able to continue when out of ammo if it comes to that. A guy wants to stop the attack! Myself - I feel a 9mm isn't enough to stop the attack - what with the crazed incoherence of druggies out there. Their brain is slow to realize their body parts are being loaded up with lead! There are many articles I have read in police articles which state "the guy just kept coming"!
    I just purchased a 10mm and from the balistics I have studied up on, it is easily loaded up to a .357 mag, or even a .41 mag. This is well more than even a .45 auto, and may have enough stopping power without being too much to handle. Mine holds at least 12 - some of the books say it holds 15, and if so, it is a lot of rounds to make sure the attack stops!
    I know I am opening up another can of worms, the downside to 10mm is there isn't many around so one would need to have enough ammo for the situation, and some think it is a little heavy on recoil. I hope to test it out this weekend! I will let you all know how it goes.

Thoughts anyone?
    Milto
    I understand your wanting max firepower, I have gone thru about the same senario myself, and I agree the 9mm is marginal on stopping power, it will stop a BG with one shot IF and thats a big IF that shots in the right place, as will a 22 LR if its in the right place, I have tryed a freinds 10mm Glock as you said a lot of power, but recoil is a lot, but ammo is to scarce to practice much, and when you do find it its a premium price, also testing has shown at short range, as in a home or office, a 10mm will go thru walls where a 9 or 45 may not, in the end its really what your comfortable with to carry, if you dont like to shoot the weapon you wont carry it so its useless, I and a bunch of others with a much more firearm experience, if you want the best stopping power, allthings considered, would advise the most efective CCW are a short barrell 357 for a revolver, and a 45 auto for pistol, for most unfortunate encounters at short ranges

6. Rep to David,Texas: We travel by RV, camping often, always armed over 50 years. Love Texas, and knowing armed citizens are always close by. Laws in the states are very different. I have noted that an approved holster... 'with a strap'... is mentioned in many state 'codes'. Just one thing to consider.

7. I'm new here and have a question.....In TN do active duty military have to complete a gun saftey course for a concealed weapons permit?

New member from Wahco TX just want to say Howdy

I bought a Ruger LCP 380 today to use as my CCW gun. It's light and small enough to carry in my purse or pants pocket. Much lighter than my Springfield XD9mm subcompact, which is my favorite to shoot.
    I have a question about the ammo for it. I was reading the manual that comes with it and it said that to never load +p ammo in it. I'm wondering why? Of course I purchased 70gr Hollow Point +p before I had read the manual. Am I out the cost of the bullets or can I use them without worrying?

Hi Y'all,
    I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say "Howdy!" I'm currently out in the southeast portion of our great state on a project. I look forward to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by willipat View Post
    I bought a Ruger LCP 380 today to use as my CCW gun. It's light and small enough to carry in my purse or pants pocket. Much lighter than my Springfield XD9mm subcompact, which is my favorite to shoot.
    I have a question about the ammo for it. I was reading the manual that comes with it and it said that to never load +p ammo in it. I'm wondering why? Of course I purchased 70gr Hollow Point +p before I had read the manual. Am I out the cost of the bullets or can I use them without worrying?
    Not sure if this is allowed (referring you to another forum) but there is a forum I belong to called Elsiepeaforum.com and you can most likely get an answer there.