New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 164
Page 164 of 647 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfueller View Post
    Hi guys I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible for a foreigner like myself to obtain a permit to buy a handgun in Florida
    if I am staying in the state for about six months at a friends house? As I am now retired I would like to spend my winters down there and the remainder of the year in Canada. The alternative would be to bring a couple of mine down there but that has it's own problems. Thanks for any advice you can share.
    JF, Florida doesn't have a "permit to buy a handgun" but there may be a restriction for non-US citizens.

IF you can acquire a handgun, the CCW eligibility requirements are:
    Eligibility Requirements

o You must be 21 years of age or older.
    o You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm.
    o Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (US) AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving overseas in the US Armed Forces, submit a copy of your deployment documentation with your application. If you are not a US citizen, submit documentation issued by the USCIS proving you are a permanent legal resident alien with proof you have resided in the state of residence (as shown on your application) for at least 90 consecutive days prior to the date the application is submitted.

And should a technicallity prevent you from meeting these requirements get a firearm , a Glock 22 with 40 S&W rounds preferably and comfort yourself with the thought: "Tis better to be caught with a friggin gun that to be frigged without one." If they value you as much as a Mexican invader they will probably admire your good taste in firearms and take you out for a steak dinner and offer to build you a new home.

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=wolfhunter;132861]JF, Florida doesn't have a "permit to buy a handgun" but there may be a restriction for non-US citizens.

IF you can acquire a handgun, the CCW eligibility requirements are:
    Eligibility Requirements

o You must be 21 years of age or older.
    o You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm.
    o Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (US) AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving overseas in the US Armed Forces, submit a copy of your deployment documentation with your application.[B] If you are not a US citizen, submit documentation issued by the USCIS proving you are a permanent legal resident alien with proof you have resided in the state of residence (as shown on your application) for at least 90 consecutive days prior to the date the application is submitted.

I think your right. I live in Port Richey, FL and had a FFL for ten years. I am disabled now and geting old so I let the permit to carry expire. I have friends from Canada and they say it is not worth the hassle getting a carry permit. You can own guns and it can be within reach in case and be legal. You dont need a permit to have a weapon 'firearm'
    in Florida. Go to a gunshow and buy what you want. You just can't stroll into the local WIN DIXIE with it strapped to your belt. If you dont have a FELONY on your record, your good to go.
    Halfbreed II

Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice and help. My friends house is in a kind of lonely spot and even he says he would feel safer with a gun in the house. I wont be carrying it around just for home protection. I know all the safety aspects of guns and I'm vice president of our handgun club. Thanks again you are a great bunch of guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfueller View Post
    Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice and help. My friends house is in a kind of lonely spot and even he says he would feel safer with a gun in the house. I wont be carrying it around just for home protection. I know all the safety aspects of guns and I'm vice president of our handgun club. Thanks again you are a great bunch of guys and gals.
    As a Canadian, you can not buy a handgun.

If your friend buys a Glock 19 or Glock 17, to keep at home, you will have access to it would you not?

As long as you do not take it out of the house on your belt, you are good to go. On your belt in the house, covered with a "Tourist" shirt, fine.

Going to a range with the handgun in its box, you both could fire the firearm, Truglow sights would be an asset.

Canadians are non immigrants, once in, you could stay for ever! Going out and coming back? That could be a problem.

Staying for less than 6 months, that would be fine.

You could join a gun club, shoot IDPA, have a great time, but the pistol would not belong to you, but the house would have one, yes? Aye!
    Get yourself a Florida driving License, good for one year, punch it up on the computer, you need a Passport, Canadian Dvr; Lic; basically. The info is on the web, for ID purposes.
    Get a local bank account. Happy vacation.

I forgot how to post new threads. Can someone help me and tell me how it is I can post. Frusterating when the website doesnt have a button displayed that says "POST NEW THREAD" or something of the sort. Someone personal message me and tell me how to do it? Please and thank you.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I forgot how to post new threads. Can someone help me and tell me how it is I can post. Frusterating when the website doesnt have a button displayed that says "POST NEW THREAD" or something of the sort. Someone personal message me and tell me how to do it? Please and thank you.
    Hope this helps:
    Go to the top of this thread.
    On the left side there is a "tree" showing where this thread is in the USA Carry universe.
    Click on USA Carry.
    Select the appropriate tab and category.
    Click the "NEW THREAD" button.

HI all
    this is the only forum that I have joined, and looking forward to lots of good information. First shooting was done at age ten with pennyís at 60feet as target using dadís K22, didnít hit many at first. Now I draw SS checks. And shoot a sig p229 40.

Just a few more months and will join in drawing SS instead of slaving 50% of my life to support entitlement crowd types. My first 22 was a single shot Winchester that would not eject. I kept a knife handy to pry out the shells. It taught me to make the first shot count and I try to remember that today.
    Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your "first outing" into cyber space--lol.

wolfhunter Guest
    Welcome, Dave. Enjoy the site.