New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 198
Page 198 of 647 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by configur3d View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and new to guns. I don't currently own one but I'm doing my homework. Don't like to walk into something blind. I'm currently looking at an XD .40 subcompact or maybe a Taurus. Aside from the safety course(s), what do you all suggest?
    Hello and welcome.
    I own an XD9 Service. I love it. I plan on useing it as my primary carry. I don't think you can go wrong with the XD. Try to find a range that rents one to see if you can shoot it first. I have never owned a Taurus but have heard of some reliablity issues. But I guess that will depend on the model too.

3. Quote Originally Posted by configur3d View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and new to guns. I don't currently own one but I'm doing my homework. Don't like to walk into something blind. I'm currently looking at an XD .40 subcompact or maybe a Taurus. Aside from the safety course(s), what do you all suggest?
    A couple thoughts: shoot a sub-compact .40 cal. before you buy. For a new shooter, it's fairly potent and in a small package and can be a challenge for even an experienced shooter, from accuracy and recoil standpoints.
    Try several brands. While most all modern pistols function perfectly, not all designs will fit every person's hand and eye. So, make sure you can "run the gun" and it fits to your liking. From there, practice, practice....
    CBear

Pilgrim

Hello To all! Newbie from Mass here. Glad to be aboard. I carry a M&P 40C and am trying to figure out what holster is a best fit . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

New Guy on the Forum

Greetings! Just registered on the forum. I live in Upstate SC and travel in SC, Ga, Fl, NC, TN, and Ky a great deal. I am a volunteer Peace Officer as well as a CCW holder.

6. Quote Originally Posted by configur3d View Post
    I actually own one and I LOVE it!!! The sales people at the gun shop allowed me to try their personally owned guns - I tried the XD .40 compact and sub-compact. Only advice I have is: 1) rent the gun you desire, try shooting it; 2) once you buy it - "practice, practice, practice" you'll be proficient and should love it as much as I do. GOOD LUCK!!!

JSDinTexas Guest
    Just sending out my usual HOWDY from Texas to all the new members - hope you enjoy the site as much as I have.

Question new to site

Hi everyone
    Does anyone know about Washington DC laws on concealed carry?
    I am from Ohio and will be going there with a friend for a few days and was wondering about it. I was told no handguns at all in DC.

Hello from Minnesota. I'm a transplant. Been a nomad for years until recently. I just joined today. Been carrying for a few months now.

Been trying out holsters from Blackhawk, Blade-Tech, CrossBreed, and Galco. I carry 1911s (10mm and 45 ACP), S&W M&P full-size and compacts (9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP), and a Walther P99 full size (.40S&W). Still trying to decide which one to carry primarily. I like the 5.11 Covert shirt line. Very comfortable and hangs well over a carry piece.

I'm looking forward to chatting with y'all.
    [The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. --- James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

10. Quote Originally Posted by LameWolf View Post
    Greetings! Just registered on the forum. I live in Upstate SC and travel in SC, Ga, Fl, NC, TN, and Ky a great deal. I am a volunteer Peace Officer as well as a CCW holder.
    Welcome from the Lowcountry!

Hey, what does "volunteer Peace Officer" mean? Are you a Constable?

11. Just a note for All: The latest traveling, retired couple from Oklahoma were reportedly both Concealed Carry Certified. It didn't help. Their bodies were discovered in their 'burned to the ground', 32 foot camp trailer just off I-40 in New Mexico. Their truck was found abandoned in ABQ.... SITUATIONAL AWARENESS..... and Practice, Practice, Practice.