New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 199
Page 199 of 647 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Just finished my concealed carry class today. cant wait to get the permit

Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    Just a note for All: The latest traveling, retired couple from Oklahoma were reportedly both Concealed Carry Certified. It didn't help. Their bodies were discovered in their 'burned to the ground', 32 foot camp trailer just off I-40 in New Mexico. Their truck was found abandoned in ABQ.... SITUATIONAL AWARENESS..... and Practice, Practice, Practice.
    Amen, amen, amen!

We should always be in at least code yellow, especially when we're carrying.

And a small, yappy dog is an excellent "alarm,"since they'll hide from an intruder and continue to bark.

Now, 'scuse me, I'm leaving for the gun show!

go boom, who knows more about dogs than she does about guns... for now!

Hello All

Hi to all....a new member from Central Michigan. I'm looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing some day!

Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    Just a note for All: The latest traveling, retired couple from Oklahoma were reportedly both Concealed Carry Certified. It didn't help. Their bodies were discovered in their 'burned to the ground', 32 foot camp trailer just off I-40 in New Mexico. Their truck was found abandoned in ABQ.... SITUATIONAL AWARENESS..... and Practice, Practice, Practice.
    Forensic evidence says that the escaped prisoners from Arizona killed this couple. Apparently they are able to fit in with truckstop and campground folks, according to a U.S. Marshall who is after them.

You should just not trust anyone you don't know when you are on the road.

Yes I am now an Advanced State Constable. I have been a State Constable for almost 20 years. I have been a volunteer with several other agencies before that in various capacities. I now average about 400 hours per month on official duty. Also, since I work for a non LE government agency and travel a great deal about the upstate, I unofficially put in about another 400 hours.

7. The Arizona Prison escapees that overpowered the CCW couple (Gary and Linda Haas from OK) and burned them 'in their camper', are believed to be in Yellowstone Park. The couple's dogs were set loose near their camper, before it was burned to the ground in NM. The escapees are in their 40's. a dark haired woman is with them. Suspected heading for Canada. That'l stop 'em... It's IILLEGAL to carry Handguns into CANADA.... Armed and Dangerous. Situational Awareness, Practice, Muscle Memory.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    Forensic evidence says that the escaped prisoners from Arizona killed this couple. Apparently they are able to fit in with truckstop and campground folks, according to a U.S. Marshall who is after them.

You should just not trust anyone you don't know when you are on the road.
    I'd go a little further: I don't trust anyone when I'm on the road.

Hey! from central Kentucky I look forward to reading and learning a lot from this site.

The simple answer is always be in condition yellow, and almost turning red when traveling. Concealed carry does not protect you better than an alert mental state. Carry does not portect you at all unless you are ready willing and able to portect yourself, reaction never beats action.

JSDinTexas Guest

Howdy partner

A Big Texas Howdy to Kingwc - hope you enjoy and learn from the site as I have.