New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 20
Page 20 of 647 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

wolfhunter Guest
    Hello, NamVet, Keith and TinkerBang.
    NamVet, thanks for your service. Check out the Colorado pages while you're browsing.
    TinkerBang, look at J-frame-size revolvers in .38/.357 or steel frame semi-autos in 9mm if you're new to shooting.

welcome s.c ropeadope

Greetings from the Colorado Rockies!

I'm a 14 year AF vet, 13 years in LE, owned my own gun store for 8 years (I know...sounds like I can't hold down a job!) and recently semi-retired.

I'm an NRA Benefactor member and currently teach CCW classes around CO. NRA Pistol and Utah BCI Certified Instructor.

I live on my own little 16 acres of heaven in the Rockies where I'm kept in check by my wife of 20 years and 5 Jack Russell Terriers.

Besides shooting I love riding my bikes...currently a Harley Ultra Classic and a Harley Crossbones. Always looking for good guys (and gals, too) to share some road-time and gun tales (probably some lies, too) with.

Looking forward to learning from others here, sharing experiences, long walks on the beac...oh, wait...that's another forum. Anyway, just looking to make new friends and acquaintances, talk guns and stuff and further the 2A cause here in CO.

Welcome from SC, Bailey. There are a few of us here, AF Vets and you'll fit in here nicely!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Hi.

Owning a fire arm should not be made illegal if you are law abiding. Our future disagreements will be over our respective interpretations of the laws; past, present and future. Civility will be the approach I will use when I disagree with any of you and I request that you act in kind when you disagree with me. That is the only way we have to convince each other that we are right.
    WAL

7. New member from Charlotte, NC. I've taken the CCH class two weeks ago and have applied for my permit from the sheriff's office. Unfortunately with the influx of permit applications being submitted in Mecklenburg county, my appointment is not until the 18th of June, and that's just to fill out the application. For right now the only handgun I own is a Springfield XD9 and the Blackhawk serpa II holster. I plan on trying out the Crossbreed supertuck after reading about it on here.

wolfhunter Guest
    Welcome to Bailey, WAL (why do you assume we'll disagree?), and Capt16. I'm sure you'll enjoy the site.

Welcome from SC, WAL and Bailey. WAL, You won't be alone. We have a few Pistol toting Blue Dogs on the forum.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Hello from OR

I spent nearly 2 hours reading the vast amount of info on this site, and info linked to from here, and realized I should just register.
    I've been around guns all my life, and firmly believe in the credo that guns are the "great equalizer". Only a firearm can put a 90 year old paraplegic on mostly even terms with a dedicated home invader.
    I've recently begun looking into CC, so I've been soaking up information on OC, CC, and all the misinformation on the part of the public and law enforcement.
    I hope to be able to contribute something eventually, for now I'll just sit back and learn.

Also, I'm in the market for a S&W m&p compact .40, but no way I'm buying from a dealer and get my name in the confiscation files, have to be a private sale. Let me know if you've seen one for sale from a trustworthy soul in OR:)

wolfhunter Guest
    Welcome aboard, Whistle. Keep on reading, but feel free to chime in when the urge hits.