New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 236
Page 236 of 648 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 6477

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Wink Greetings from the Buckeye State

Hello from central Ohio. I just got my license a few months ago. Trying to get the whole family to follow suit.

Hi All. Yes I am a neebie here in NY. I would like to say hi to you all and I am glad to come across your site. I am a disabled GWVeteran from 1990-1991. Glad to come aboard and God Bless The USA and Our Troops and All who keep us safe here .

4. Hello All newbie from Kansas been reading forums for awhile but this is my first post.

Hello from northern Nevada, ready for snow in 2 days. Just joined today, but had CCW for a while.
    Neal

Newbie from Massachusetts, Nevada has SNOW! Guess I won't retire there. I'm a couple miles from the Vermont border, hoping snow doesn't come until January. Don't have my snow tires on, or my CHAINS on my tractor either. You want to smile today? Look up STEVE LEE, he wrote a song 'I LIKE GUNS'. The song has taken him around the world, singing it. It's on u-tube and doesn't cost anything, check it out! I just recieved my GLOCK 9mm barrel and magazine from Fed X, can't wait to try it in my 40 caliber GLOCK 23. Hoping the wife will shoot it a little, she really doesn't care for shooting the 40 caliber rounds. She's a big fan of the 22 caliber pistols we have. Now to wait for Christmas to see if Santa will get me a 22 caliber lever action rifle. Definately on my list to buy for next year. RETIRED AND LOVING IT!
    UPDATE: Went to the range last night for about 45 minutes just to try the 9mm barrel and magazine out. Works like a charm, but, the recoil is ALMOST unnoticeable. The wife wants no part of ethier 9 mm or 40 caliber. I would of thought 180 grain and a 115 grain bullet would have a noticeable recoil. I could tell but my wife could not. I shot a much better grouping with the Glock as a 9mm and even one handed, which I only do knowing my grouping will be all over the place (wouldn't even call it a grouping) with the 40 caliber barrel. I think I might change over and keep it as a 9mm. My wife is spoiled after using the 22 caliber (no recoil) and is afraid when she goes to a bigger recoil. Maybe I should get her to try a nice 22 lever action rifle, say a marlin 39a or a Henry frontier, 'Santa Claus is coming to town'. Wishful thinking, if she has a couple of hundred extra next month it will go to more grandchildren presents. I keep telling her I'm a kid at heart, but, she doesn't buy that either. RETIRED AND LOVING IT!
    Last edited by Bob & Wife; 11-19-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Went to the range last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Hog80ci View Post
    Hello all. Just joined today and wanted to introduce myself. Looks like a great web site with a lot of use ful info. I have a concealed carry permit issued in AZ. Taking a trip this summer to CA on Harleys. Looking for info about CC laws there. Glad I found this site. Take care

JJ
    Just read on it, YOU CAN'T! somewhere on this forum has a CA site you can go tofor that info. If you were in a car your gun must be in a LOCKED container and in the TRUNK too! I believe. Have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by gwvet830 View Post
    Hi All. Yes I am a neebie here in NY. I would like to say hi to you all and I am glad to come across your site. I am a disabled GWVeteran from 1990-1991. Glad to come aboard and God Bless The USA and Our Troops and All who keep us safe here .
    QUESTION: What is a GWVET, what does the GW stand for. I'm an old Vietnam vet loving retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Braiderlady View Post
    Hello from central Ohio. I just got my license a few months ago. Trying to get the whole family to follow suit.
    So am I, took the wife down for our training requirement a month ago but the Chief says the computer is out of order so she hasn't been able to apply for her CC permit. Hoping one of my sons will spend the 100 dollars for his gun safty course while he has a week off from work next week.

Cool Hello From Florida - Home of the Newly Wed & Nearly Dead

Hello

Jeff Morelock Here...

I just joined and wanted to say hello. I am a former police SWAT officer in Florida, and international police contractor for the United Nations & State Department.

I own and operate an executive protection company based out of the Tampa Bay Area in Florida. I also teach the Florida/34 state concealed weapons class and advanced/tactical courses.

I guess I've been carrying concealed most of my adult life and guess I will keep carrying until I go to the great shooting range in the sky.

ben a member for awhile i just figured i would post something