New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 245
Page 245 of 648 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 6477

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

newbie In Abilene TX

Just stopping in to say hi, to all my fellow 2nd amendment loving americans here. God Bless Ya'll

3. if you carry you should get the training ''''''''''

Quote Originally Posted by smith934 View Post
    "Troop2trooper Hey everyone! Nice to be on here to talk about our rights as citizens to carry firearms. But in my opinion I don't think that you should carry unless you prove you can handle the responsibility."

Welcome to the forum.

I have a question about your above statement. How do you propose someone prove they "...can handle the responsibly."? They may prove gun handling skills, but that doesn't speak to some standard of handling the responsibility of carrying a firearm. Could you clarify your intent?

Thanks,
    Don
    Certaintly! I feel that if you feel the need to carry a firearm either concealed or open there should be no problem with going through the same process that the men and women go through every day to carry as a requirement for their careers. The police, security, and military personnel need to go through psychological exams and annual certifications all the time. A private citizen should do this too. If you need to carry a weapon, fine. if you want a carry a weapon because you have a idea from somewhere that your life in danger, then you should prove that your life is in danger. Keep in mind that everything that I say is my opinion. I have seen too many people carry a weapon for the wrong reasons, and they are often people who I would not trust with a paintball gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Wife View Post
    SO, HOW WOULD YOU DO THAT, "Troop2Trooper"? Could you handle the responsiblilty IF NESSARRY, shoot or even kill another person even in justifiable self defense?? Unless you have already done this you cannot know for certain if you could. "Your's or his, life is precious." I carry my weapons to the range in one bag and my ammo in another bag, because I do not wish that responsibility, X U.S. Army infantry sargent.
    First, let me thank you for the service you have provided to this great country of ours, second, it is spelled sergeant. And third, I am a current US Marine Sergeant in the infantry (apparently the "Troop" part of my name escaped your notice). I have two combat tours under my belt and I have seen countless men getting killed. I myself have taken the life of several people. Did I particularly enjoy is? No. Will I ever do it again? If I have to, yes. I have taken the life of the enemy (often people younger than 17) in the defense of my brothers and once or twice in self defense. I know full well the responsibility of taking a life in justifiable self defense. And last, if you are going to draw your weapon on someone, you should be prepared to kill them, not wound them. I don't know about the army, but the Marines don't shoot to wound, we shoot to kill. That is why we are trained in escalation of force.

Hello from the cloudy Sunshine State. Former state gov't employee ( Retired ), former military dependant, CCW permit holder. Gun safety training from an old Master Chief ( dad ) and CCW course.

7. Newbie on this thread saying hi to all.

Hello to All

Just saying hello to all. Oregon native here....veteran and proud daily carrier of my sidearm. Be gentle with your remarks...I'm shy
    "A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor.

Greetings from Oregon

Hey Im new here and have lurking around this site for a while and have seen allot of good info so I joined. See ya around

Hello from the great state of NC. Look forward to learning all I can from you good folks here.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

11. Joh Mortimer

Hello all
    I live in WY and I do Concealed Weapons calssed for WY and out of state Utah. I Can traval to diffent states and do Utah classes. I need a place to give a lecture and I make all student in class shoot. I am A NRA Inst in Basic pistol, Reloading of pistal and Some Rifle ammo. I am also a range safety inst.

Let me know if any one would like to do a Utah or WY class.
    John Mortimer WY Inst.
    Call if you need info
    307-789-2272
    Great to be a member