New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 246
Page 246 of 647 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Hello to all, from a upcoming student who do not know where to study. Utah vs FL. That is why I signed up here, to get input about the states. I have been shooting all my life and I currently carry a Glock 20. Have a great Christmas everyone.

- Melissa.

study?

Fl, has nice beaches, good schools, lots of sunshine, good carry laws, no sales tax, low cost housing for students and much more to offer than most states.
    Bad doctors, hot in the summer.
    MICHAEL

4. Hello to all from a newbie in SE Ohio.

5. Talking New Guy

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member just joined up yesterday.

I am a retired Firefighter in the Pacific Northwest.

I also am a proud owner of a HK USP .40 Cal Full Version

Best Weapon I have ever owned.

Safety 56

6. Smile Howdy; from "Drybread"

just wanted to say Howdy to one & all, live in Wash. State, moved from South west Ariz. & New Mexico, so anyone out there from that area??? Retired Copper Miner & firefighter & Medic;;Carry Daily,,40 Cal. S.& W.

7. Re: willingness to respond

Quote Originally Posted by Troop2trooper View Post
    First, let me thank you for the service you have provided to this great country of ours, second, it is spelled sergeant. And third, I am a current US Marine Sergeant in the infantry (apparently the "Troop" part of my name escaped your notice). I have two combat tours under my belt and I have seen countless men getting killed. I myself have taken the life of several people. Did I particularly enjoy is? No. Will I ever do it again? If I have to, yes. I have taken the life of the enemy (often people younger than 17) in the defense of my brothers and once or twice in self defense. I know full well the responsibility of taking a life in justifiable self defense. And last, if you are going to draw your weapon on someone, you should be prepared to kill them, not wound them. I don't know about the army, but the Marines don't shoot to wound, we shoot to kill. That is why we are trained in escalation of force.
    Thank you both for your service. My question is, why would someone,.. anyone, even desire to obtain a CCW, if Ammo and Weapon are always seperated? Let alone the willingness to use the weapon is not within that person?

The time lag from recognized threat to response, would render that person, possibly as well as other innocents, 'victims' memorialized with chalk outlines, rather than a responsible, still vertical citizen. I would much prefer 'Troop2Trooper' be in my vicinity, if a situation that required rapid 'affirmative' action took place.

8. Post New Member Welcome Thread 2

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of this site. I hope to learn a few things as a new CWP holder. I am a FFL type 3 Collector. I know just about enough on any subject to get myself in trouble. So if I post something wrong please let me know. I go by Rob54. But you may call me Rob if you prefer.

9. Hi all, I'm new to these forums. I just found out about this site the other day while looking up information on Concealed Weapons Permits.

I'm from the Greenville, SC area. I will be taking my CWP class this Saturday, December 4. I'm a little nervous. I'm sure I'll be fine though.

God Bless,
    NightOwl

10. Hey Everyone

Just found this site, live in Michigan and just sent in my paperwork for a CPL. Very excited bout that, shooting a SIG P239. A little overwhelmed and confused about all the different options for holster equipment. X-Army and looking forward to getting some good info from the masses, cause I'm kinda green to the carry scene. God Bless the US of A.

11. hello All, trying to get my permit thought this would be a good place to start.
    Already a NRA LifeMember, former Marine and current Army Cav Scout.