New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 247
Page 247 of 647 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Thumbs up I'd Vote Florida but Utah may have more "public land" shooting spots

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Hello to all, from a upcoming student who do not know where to study. Utah vs FL. That is why I signed up here, to get input about the states. I have been shooting all my life and I currently carry a Glock 20. Have a great Christmas everyone.

- Melissa.
    I'd Vote Florida but Utah may have more "public land" shooting spots. Ranges around here can be expensive and it seems that there is an unwritten law that each range must have at least one guy who thinks he's better than you because he works at a shooting range. Oops that may be a different topic - I better check.

Thumbs up Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    Thank you both for your service. My question is, why would someone,.. anyone, even desire to obtain a CCW, if Ammo and Weapon are always seperated? Let alone the willingness to use the weapon is not within that person?

The time lag from recognized threat to response, would render that person, possibly as well as other innocents, 'victims' memorialized with chalk outlines, rather than a responsible, still vertical citizen. I would much prefer 'Troop2Trooper' be in my vicinity, if a situation that required rapid 'affirmative' action took place.
    Thank you for your kind and very well thought out words. Let me go on record and say that I am a not a Maryland State Trooper. I am currently still an active duty Marine and I am going through the Application Process for the Maryland State Police as this message is being typed. I agree with you though, and I would much rather have a trained LEO in my vicinity if Sh#% hit the fan rather than taking on the perp myself as a private citizen. In the State of Maryland I can almost guarantee that you will be charged with at least 2nd degree Manslaughter for killing someone in self defense. Would you be convicted, hard to say. I would bet not. But the legal system is funny sometimes. Honestly, if I were an LEO I would place the "Bracelets" on you, charge you, book you, and let the jury decide. After all..."I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    Thank you both for your service. My question is, why would someone,.. anyone, even desire to obtain a CCW, if Ammo and Weapon are always seperated? Let alone the willingness to use the weapon is not within that person?

The time lag from recognized threat to response, would render that person, possibly as well as other innocents, 'victims' memorialized with chalk outlines, rather than a responsible, still vertical citizen. I would much prefer 'Troop2Trooper' be in my vicinity, if a situation that required rapid 'affirmative' action took place.
    I would much perfer 'Troop2' to be in my vicinity too! I do not go out figuring on having a gun fight. If in fact I was in a store being robbered at gun point. I would do nothing UNLESS, I absolutely had to. If the robber wants money, let him take it. Property of any sort is not worth human life (in my opion). On the other hand, if he fired at anyone, than he stepped it up a notch (USING deadly force). I would not hessitate to respond accordingly. I can and would use my weapon. I can hit a pie plate at 75 feet firing with one hand easily (practice this all the time). If his body moved while on the floor I would in fact interpet that as "going for a second weapon" and respond with further firing until ALL threats to human life (mine or others) were no longer. I am 62 and when my wife retires we will hit the road (at that time) and carry in unfamilar places. Carry wisely, it is an assume responsibility to be put in a situation that might require the use of a firearm, and PROPERTY (no matter the value) is not a reason to fire a weapon.

My Thoughts on the subject

Good Morning all.
    Mel; that would all depend on what subject you were going to study. I can tell you that Florida and Utah are both excellent states; Lake Powell in Utah is some of the best camping areas that I have ever experienced in my life. Florida has beautiful beaches so the next step, in my opinion is to see what colleges are available and try to narrow it down to a town.
    NightOwl; Welcome. All I can say is wave to the BMW Factory and say; I have a bunch of friends there!
    Safety 56; EXCELLENT firearm; some easy modifications can be made at home or by a trained gunsmith that add rounds if legal in your state(ex; Jet Funnel Kit Jet Funnel Magazines)
    Drybread1946; S&W 40 M&P? or ? I wanted to see your thoughts on the M&P; I just got a new duty weapon in 9mm. Nice trigger, balance etc
    Lastly; Troop2trooper. Thank you for your service. We use a term called "Force Continuum" which I try to teach at every class.( I am a Nevada CCW,AZ CCW, South Carolina SLED CWP, Utah CCW and Nevada POST Firearms Instructor as well as NRA Chief RSO, and everything you can teach from the NRA) Look up the term and apply it to real world scenarios on the street. And PLEASE EVERYONE TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. Even if it is once a month, trigger time is important. Shoot, Scan and MOVE.

JSDinTexas Guest

Howdy

A BIG HOWDY from the Lone Star State to all new to USA Carry - glad you're aboard.

Howdy! I am from Central Texas.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafisi View Post
    Howdy! I am from Central Texas.
    And a special howdy to Texas folks ...

Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUMKASH View Post
    Good Morning all.
    Mel; that would all depend on what subject you were going to study. I can tell you that Florida and Utah are both excellent states; Lake Powell in Utah is some of the best camping areas that I have ever experienced in my life. Florida has beautiful beaches so the next step, in my opinion is to see what colleges are available and try to narrow it down to a town.
    NightOwl; Welcome. All I can say is wave to the BMW Factory and say; I have a bunch of friends there!
    Safety 56; EXCELLENT firearm; some easy modifications can be made at home or by a trained gunsmith that add rounds if legal in your state(ex; Jet Funnel Kit Jet Funnel Magazines)
    Drybread1946; S&W 40 M&P? or ? I wanted to see your thoughts on the M&P; I just got a new duty weapon in 9mm. Nice trigger, balance etc
    Lastly; Troop2trooper. Thank you for your service. We use a term called "Force Continuum" which I try to teach at every class.( I am a Nevada CCW,AZ CCW, South Carolina SLED CWP, Utah CCW and Nevada POST Firearms Instructor as well as NRA Chief RSO, and everything you can teach from the NRA) Look up the term and apply it to real world scenarios on the street. And PLEASE EVERYONE TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. Even if it is once a month, trigger time is important. Shoot, Scan and MOVE.
    Thank you for the advise. I will be sure to apply the lessons in real life as well as my training.

10. hello

Howdy from the new guy

Just wanted to take a minute and say hi. I am a 39 year old computer tech. and avid shooter. I have been shooting all of my adult life and have recently started shooting IDPA. I can't wait to get to know you all here.