New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 257
Page 257 of 647 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Proud American who owns to protect family & self, it's our country lets keep it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by FlBro View Post
    Thank you for your encouragement Texas Star. I am pretty confortable with any gun. I started firing handguns at 6 yo and had the priveledge to be a junior member of the OK State hi-power rifle team at Camp Perry many years ago. I prefer open carry; that would make me comfortable. I am very large and concealment is difficult. Our new governor said if the open carry bill comes before her it will not be vetoed again. I am proud to be an American and was proud to serve our country.
    I would like to have open carry also. My favorite would be a Beretta 92 (P-9), having used it for some time, liking the way it functions, field strips, and cleans. It is my understanding that open carry will be considered this legislative session in Texas. However my remarks were related to concealed carry. I am about 6' / 200 lbs. For me choosing a concealed handgun was a trade-off between gun size/weight, knock-down power, and my ability to quickly present the weapon and deliver rapid shots on target. I choose a S&W M&P 9c with LASER carried in a Blackhawk Serpa (level II retention) holster at about 4 o-clock with FBI cant. If possible try out as many guns as you can before deciding. It must work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FlBro View Post
    Thank you for your encouragement Texas Star. I am pretty confortable with any gun. I started firing handguns at 6 yo and had the priveledge to be a junior member of the OK State hi-power rifle team at Camp Perry many years ago. I prefer open carry; that would make me comfortable. I am very large and concealment is difficult. Our new governor said if the open carry bill comes before her it will not be vetoed again. I am proud to be an American and was proud to serve our country.
    Welcome to all the new members, and especially to the new Okie member.

5. New Member

Looking forward to great info.

Hello

Hello from SC.

7. Hello from Virginia. This looks to be a great forum!

Newbie from Carson City, NV. now livin in Hawaii and hating the ridiculous gun laws. Anyways Im glad to be a member.

Ol ww2 combat vet ComSubPac out ot Pearl Born in Memphis been in Texas since 1958 never been without my Colt 70 Jim Clark special ever since. Concealed carry first day available still active.
    use and love the uglyist but most comfortable IWB ever made with H&K45
    now not a bad gun. Would never recommend any thing else for comfort
    in a IWB

10. Hello from the Eastern Shore, Virginia.

Solid Rock

New member, Solid Rock with initial post. Saying hello as an Oregon Duck temporarily working in Washington state.

Go Ducks!