New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 264
Page 264 of 647 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    KAHR... trigger pull is double action and consistant like a revolver, on each shot. Light, thin (important) and effective deterrant with quality. Have fun shopping. :>)
    Thanks for the tip, Blogengeezer, I'll check it out.

Alan

JSDinTexas Guest
    Allow me to send out a Howdy to all the new members, and a Big Howdy to all from the Lone Star State.
    Yeeee Haaaa!

4. ohio marine dad

thanks for the welcome been havin trouble getting on here too many diffrent sights cant keep trak of all my passwords look forward to the articles and info. my biggest thing is finding somewhere ya can shoot without brakin the bank lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Hi Dear Hearts:
    Due to limited computer skills it took a while to simply figure out how to check in.
    Anyway, it sure is good to find USA Carry and its host of helpful, knowledgeable and interesting Memberships, certainly including Mods.

Employment history includes an apprenticeship as a machinist-gunsmith. Born and raised in rural northern Minnesota. The most I've learned about ordnance contingecies is that, like so many other subjects, the more ya learn, the more ya realize there's so much more to learn.

Presently looking for what may be the most reliable self defense round for wife's Bersa .380 FireStorm. Of course I'm encountering the traditional considerations of penetration and expansion. Although I'm aware that the .380 is a relatively modest caliber, my wife really likes her carry weapon and it's performance on the range. Any advisories on what SD cartridge may be most reliable and effective will be sincerely received and respectfully considered.

Best regards,
    - Kai
    I have found that the little .380 ACP has been made a lot more effective with the newer bullet designs and powder development, like the Hornady offerings. In both the .380 and 9x18 (Makarov) calibers I like the performance of the Hornady XTP's.

I tested both using 3 gallon cooking oil jugs (square vinyl-plastic containers like milk jug material 12" diameter filled with gelatin) and an old army wool blanket three layers thick and they both made it into the second container with full expansion and about 95% weight retention. A total of 14" penetration. Standard .380ACP HP penetrated only into the first jug and stopped at 12", just dimpling the exit layer of the jug and 40-50% expansion and 98% weight retention.

9mm XTP (9x19) penetrated to 16-17", same expansion characteristics.

Testing using .40S&W XTP loads were consistently at 22" penetration, full expansion and again 95% weight retention.

All tests had pieces of the wool blanket in the first jug.

All were shot from a distance of 7 yards.
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

Hello everyone from Thornton Colorado. I am enjoying this site so far.

7. First day here...

And I like it fine so far.

Hello to all from a FNG in Cave Creek, AZ. It's good to be in such company. NRA, VFW life member, also CCW holder in AZ and UT. Merry Christmas Brothers [and Sisters]

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Hi Dear Hearts:
    Due to limited computer skills it took a while to simply figure out how to check in.
    Anyway, it sure is good to find USA Carry and its host of helpful, knowledgeable and interesting Memberships, certainly including Mods.

Employment history includes an apprenticeship as a machinist-gunsmith. Born and raised in rural northern Minnesota. The most I've learned about ordnance contingecies is that, like so many other subjects, the more ya learn, the more ya realize there's so much more to learn.

Presently looking for what may be the most reliable self defense round for wife's Bersa .380 FireStorm. Of course I'm encountering the traditional considerations of penetration and expansion. Although I'm aware that the .380 is a relatively modest caliber, my wife really likes her carry weapon and it's performance on the range. Any advisories on what SD cartridge may be most reliable and effective will be sincerely received and respectfully considered.

Best regards,
    - Kai
    Hello Kai,
    My recommendation is Hornady 380 Auto 90 gr FTX® Critical Defense® ammo. Check it out at Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Handgun :: Choose by Caliber :: 380 Auto :: 380 Auto 90 gr FTX® Critical Defense®

10. Hello folks, I've been around for a while but just decided to start posting activly. I live in East Tennessee. I like to carry the 1911, glock, j frame, kahr, m-9 and the S&W M&P 45 amog others. among others.

Thumbs up

Glad to be here, I'll need that reminder when it's time for renewal..

I am a fulltime rv'er and pull my 40' New Horizons 5th wheel with a Freightliner M2112..

It's a great life!!!

The NH is protected by a 12Gage Home defender and I keep the LCP in my pocket...
    SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI