New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 267
Page 267 of 650 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 6497

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

I'm a new member from Eagle Idaho and glad to be here. I'm not much on posting but have been enjoying the others posts and the information available on the site.
    Thanks for all the great info!

Im a newbe from Georgia saying hello.

4. Talking New Member Welcome Thread

Greetings from KY, the quintessential land of Open Carry.
    Thoughts for a Friday.....Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

New Member figuring out the site

New Guy checking in. Im still learning how to navigate the site. Love it so far. Not alot of drama, only good info.

6. I have been reading some the members articles for some time. Today,I read some people were trying to locate Magazines (9 Rounds type) for the YUGO M57 Pistol and decided to give all a place to buy them and it as follows;

CUSTOM CLASSIC SPORTING GOODS

US made Yugoslavian M57 Tokarev 9-Round Magazines. With the surplus version almost impossible to find, we made our own version using an original, surplus magazine as the model. Carefully evaluated and approved at each stage of development, these magazines meet the high standard of quality customers have come to expect from CCSA. There is no longer a limit to the number of magazines per order.

To order if paying with a USPS money order, certified check, or personal/company check , please send an email with your name, shipping address and the quantity desired to [email protected] so we can match your payment with your order.
    Send payment to:
    Custom Classic Sporting Arms
    PO Box 427
    Newfoundland, PA 18445-0427

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We currently updating this site to better serve YOU our loyal customers. Thank you very much for your patience while this process takes place.

In addition to the items offered below, more items will continue to be featured at the following two sites. To see the items listed on either site, please click on the logo for that site. .

TO PAY FOR AN AUCTION ITEM: Click on "Auction Winners" under "Our Products" in the left-hand column. Click the auction logo that applies to you and then on the item you won. If you won a Dutch Auction, please do not forget to also enter the number of lots you won in the Qty box. In the next screen, click on "Add to Cart." The price you will see on the invoice reflects the 3% Lost "Cash Payment" Discount that is detailed in both the listing and on the initial invoice you were emailed at the end of the auction.

No credit card information is stored and will be SECURELY destroyed once the transaction has been successfully completed.

Questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact Mike at: [email protected] or 570-369-9429

.1.5-5X32 DUAL ILL. COMPACT QRM SCOPE/GREEN LASER

1.5-5X32 DUAL ILL. COMPACT QRM SCOPE W/GREEN LASER (SHORT)

Price : $229.00
    Sale Price : $154.50
    ..3-9X40 DUAL ILL. RUBBER COATED SCOPE/RING

3-9X40 DUAL ILL. RUBBER COATED SCOPE/RING W/ BDC

Price : $130.00
    Sale Price : $77.25
    ..CCSA 9-round Magazine - Yugo M57 Tokarev

Updated and improved! US made 9-round magazines for the Yugoslavian M57 Tokarev Pistol.

Price : $33.00
    ....Subscribe .Navigation
    Home
    Shopping Cart
    Sign In
    Register
    Help
    Contact Us
    Quick Search

Advanced Search
    .Our Products
    Ammunition
    Handguns
    Long Guns
    Magazines
    Scopes
    Auction Winners
    .Featured Item
    CCSA 9-round Magazine - Yugo M57 Tokarev

Updated and improved! US made 9-round magazines for the Yugoslavian M57 Tokarev Pistol.

Price: $33.00

Hi, I'm new here. I carry a Sig P239 and my wife carries a Ruger LCP. We have many pistols, rifles and shotguns and I reload my own ammo.

8. Post

Quote Originally Posted by JPKirkpatrick View Post
    I have found that the little .380 ACP has been made a lot more effective with the newer bullet designs and powder development, like the Hornady offerings. In both the .380 and 9x18 (Makarov) calibers I like the performance of the Hornady XTP's.

I tested both using 3 gallon cooking oil jugs (square vinyl-plastic containers like milk jug material 12" diameter filled with gelatin) and an old army wool blanket three layers thick and they both made it into the second container with full expansion and about 95% weight retention. A total of 14" penetration. Standard .380ACP HP penetrated only into the first jug and stopped at 12", just dimpling the exit layer of the jug and 40-50% expansion and 98% weight retention.

9mm XTP (9x19) penetrated to 16-17", same expansion characteristics.

Testing using .40S&W XTP loads were consistently at 22" penetration, full expansion and again 95% weight retention.

All tests had pieces of the wool blanket in the first jug.

All were shot from a distance of 7 yards.
    Thanks very much for your informative response and advisory, JPKirkpatrick.
    Hornady XTP report very impressive, will establish that they cycle well regarding chambering and ejection. Expect good results based on the reputation of the Bersa genre.

Best regards to you and yours,
    - Kai

9. Post

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjohn View Post
    For self defense rounds I like both the Glaser Safety, and the Mag-safe. I use phone books for my testing medium and both of the those rounds penetrate deeper and make a much wider hole than standard ball or HP rounds. That said they are expensive and you must be certain of the reliability of the cartridges in your gun therefore you must purchase a considerable quantity to test for feed and function including accuracy in your gun. Both the Glaser and the Mag-safe work well in my guns and the accuracy out to 75ft is excellent. The Glaser rounds are defeated by glass but you solve that by a double tap. The Mag-safe is what I carry in a .380
    Thank you, jimmyjohn. The high tech improvements on ammo were not available in my younger days when I was more experienced in this rapidly evolving subject. Wife and I were gifted a year free pass to a nearby indoor range and your advised ammo is now on our list. Of course, as you specify, we will certainly determine the compatibility of the subjected ammunition to see how well it chambers and ejects rounds, and of course, accuracy also.

Best regards to you and yours,
    - Kai

Howdy!

From central Texas.

Charles

Blog Entries

.380 ammo

Although I've never tried Hornaday XTR in .380 ACP I'm glad to hear of its excellent test results and can't wait to try some myself. I've used (Winchester ?) .380 Silvertips with border-line satisfactory results which is why I use +P ammo in my Detective Special (2 1/2" bbl.) as my concealed carry weapon. It gives as fine a mushrooming into a large, wet phone book as you could ask for.

rpeckham