New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 269
Page 269 of 647 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

  1. #2681
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ozark Foothills of Southern Missouri
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by brolin1911a1 View Post
    Greetings to all from south-central Missouri.

    I was an active member of Missourians for Personal Freedom as we fought to pass CCW in Missouri between 1998 and 2003. I've coached 4-H shooting sports and taught hunter ed classes as well as teaching Missouri CCW classes from 2004 to 2009. Advancing age and the growing number of younger and better instructors led me to retire from such activities. I'm now working part time as an assistant to a local gunsmith and having the time of my life doing what I love--working on a wide variety of guns.

    My favorite personal carry weapon is a Rock Island Armory 1911CS Compact. But depending upon weather and/or clothing choices I may also or instead carry a Taurus Mil-Pro PT140, Steyr S9, or Kel-Tec P11.

    I'm glad to have found this site and look forward to learning much from the other members here.

    -- Chris Meissen
    West Plains, MO
    Hello Chris!
    I am also from your 'neck of the woods', live in the Ellsinore-Van Buren, MO area in Carter County. I make it as far west as Moutain View and Murray Anderson's Gunsmith shop from time to time.

    Nice choice in CCW weapons, mine is a Glock 22, or the Taurus Millennium Pro PT-140, or the CZ-82.

    I have not been on this forum for too long but have found that there is a wealth of information and experience here.

    Again, Welcome from a forum newbie and fellow Southeastern/southcentral Missourian!

    ~John
    JPKirkpatrick
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

  2.   
  3. #2682
    Another NOOB signing on from Lyons, Colorado

  4. A Re-Introduction

    Howdy Folks, I am a dad to two boys 15 and 10 and a beautiful girl 12. This is my second litter as I like to say and I also have a daughter who is 31 who has also made me a Gran-dad three times already.

    I originally joined this site back in June of 2009 shortly after realizing that my injuries suffered in Iraq left me as no longer the "Tough Guy" I had always thought that I was. And after realizing that I was going to have to start carrying a weapon to be able to protect myself and my family.

    Somehow over the course of the past year and a half I have slipped away from here and have been spending a lot of time on my state board tngunowners.com ( Sgt.Joe also) and the US concealed carry association (PPK380). Along with lurking on several others and reading some fine books by Col Grossman.

    I have greatly expanded my knowledge since that time, acquired a "few" more weapons but I in no way consider myself an expert on anything except maybe talking to my dogs.

    Honestly I have just become bored with the other sites I have been on and wanted to expand my online presence with like minded folks.

    My disease has grown worse over time and the need for more and more knowledge to feed it has increased. I have made purchase after purchase in order to fend off the disorder but to no avail as I still have a "list"

    My last purchase on the long gun side was a fine AR that a friend built on a Spikes Lower and my last handgun purchase was the Sig Gadsden P226. I most recently had to purchase a real safe to keep my medicine in.

    I look forward to catching up on quite a lot of reading here and eventually being able to contribute a bit of my limited knowledge and long winded and opinionated stories to the discussions.

    Z29er, If you are still around ....Well Howdy Bro, I hope all is well with you and yours.

    Howdy to ya RemoteCoder, I told ya there were plenty other places to be.

    For all the rest, the Warning is best given now.

    I am old, ornery, opinionated and more often than not very long winded. But since I dont know all that much I tend to keep my mouth shut for the most part, I will say that I wish more of you would be rid of those foreign made Tupperware guns and buy something American! I am not worried about that comment as I do have a very tough skin.

    I hope that every one of you are having a wonderful Holiday Season and will enjoy a very prosperous New Year.

    I guess I could have just said "I'm back" but that isnt my style.

  5. #2684
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Joe View Post
    A Re-Introduction

    Howdy Folks, I am a dad to two boys 15 and 10 and a beautiful girl 12. This is my second litter as I like to say and I also have a daughter who is 31 who has also made me a Gran-dad three times already.

    I originally joined this site back in June of 2009 shortly after realizing that my injuries suffered in Iraq left me as no longer the "Tough Guy" I had always thought that I was. And after realizing that I was going to have to start carrying a weapon to be able to protect myself and my family.

    Somehow over the course of the past year and a half I have slipped away from here and have been spending a lot of time on my state board tngunowners.com ( Sgt.Joe also) and the US concealed carry association (PPK380). Along with lurking on several others and reading some fine books by Col Grossman.

    I have greatly expanded my knowledge since that time, acquired a "few" more weapons but I in no way consider myself an expert on anything except maybe talking to my dogs.

    Honestly I have just become bored with the other sites I have been on and wanted to expand my online presence with like minded folks.

    My disease has grown worse over time and the need for more and more knowledge to feed it has increased. I have made purchase after purchase in order to fend off the disorder but to no avail as I still have a "list"

    My last purchase on the long gun side was a fine AR that a friend built on a Spikes Lower and my last handgun purchase was the Sig Gadsden P226. I most recently had to purchase a real safe to keep my medicine in.

    I look forward to catching up on quite a lot of reading here and eventually being able to contribute a bit of my limited knowledge and long winded and opinionated stories to the discussions.

    Z29er, If you are still around ....Well Howdy Bro, I hope all is well with you and yours.

    Howdy to ya RemoteCoder, I told ya there were plenty other places to be.

    For all the rest, the Warning is best given now.

    I am old, ornery, opinionated and more often than not very long winded. But since I dont know all that much I tend to keep my mouth shut for the most part, I will say that I wish more of you would be rid of those foreign made Tupperware guns and buy something American! I am not worried about that comment as I do have a very tough skin.

    I hope that every one of you are having a wonderful Holiday Season and will enjoy a very prosperous New Year.

    I guess I could have just said "I'm back" but that isnt my style.
    Indeed PPK380! Howdy to you as well.
    Eppur Si Muove

  6. #2685
    Hi Sgt Joe,

    Can not agree on buying American re Pistols, love my Glock 19, carry it every minute.

    Now vehicles, that's different, my vehicles have been American since I arrived in North America in 1968.

    My last three (always new) have been Jeep Cherokees, my current one is a 2008, the best vehicle I have ever owned. 50,000 miles, flawless. Lifetime warranty on the drive train!

    At 75 years of age, do not take any medication, quite fit, love America! Born in the UK, Liverpool. Royal Signals, Brit Military.

    Shoot IDPA. Welcome back. Good luck on the second family.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Hi Sgt Joe,

    Can not agree on buying American re Pistols, love my Glock 19, carry it every minute.

    Now vehicles, that's different, my vehicles have been American since I arrived in North America in 1968.

    My last three (always new) have been Jeep Cherokees, my current one is a 2008, the best vehicle I have ever owned. 50,000 miles, flawless. Lifetime warranty on the drive train!

    At 75 years of age, do not take any medication, quite fit, love America! Born in the UK, Liverpool. Royal Signals, Brit Military.

    Shoot IDPA. Welcome back. Good luck on the second family.
    I do understand Sir, I have yet to meet a Glock owner who did NOT love them.

    But do me a favor if you will, take a ride due east about 50 miles and say HI to my real Hometown of Merritt Island......Yup that is where I spent most of my growing up as dad was assigned at Patrick twice and then retired there, I am a Graduate of Cocoa High School. And while I know yall have had a bit of a cold snap those mid 60's have to feel mighty good. currently my computer says 58 there and 39 here....brrrrrr..... I can not wait to one day get back HOME.

    I was also Signal Corps and served along side some of your countrymen in Iraq....a mighty fine bunch they were.
    A Handgun Carry Permit is but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in Personal and Civic Responsibility

  8. OK thanks

  9. #2688
    Quote Originally Posted by JPKirkpatrick View Post
    Hello Chris!
    I am also from your 'neck of the woods', live in the Ellsinore-Van Buren, MO area in Carter County. I make it as far west as Mountain View and Murray Anderson's Gunsmith shop from time to time.

    Nice choice in CCW weapons, mine is a Glock 22, or the Taurus Millennium Pro PT-140, or the CZ-82.

    I have not been on this forum for too long but have found that there is a wealth of information and experience here.

    Again, Welcome from a forum newbie and fellow Southeastern/southcentral Missourian!

    ~John
    JPKirkpatrick
    I wonder if we've already met since I've been working for Murray since September.

    The next time you stop in I'll have to show you my RIA. I duracoated it in Desert Beige with black controls and grips. I think it's pretty enough to be a BBQ gun now. The way my luck runs, though, you'll probably stop by on a day that I'm carrying the Taurus or Steyr instead. I look forward to meeting you if we haven't already met.

    Ironically, I have a BIL with the same name as you (not sure about his middle initial.) His family is from the bootheel, a little town called Advance.

  10. #2689
    Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    Maybe now that we have CCW Suzanna Matinez (R) for Gov, that will change. NM, the state where 'all' illegal immigrants can get NM Drivers Licenses, but FBI Background Checked and classroom Certified CCW's are deemed Illegal. Thank Bill Richardson and his cadre of 'D's, Oh wait, BR is in NKorea to stop the shooting. Maybe he will make it Illegal? Or at the least inspect His and Carter's 'Peaceful' Nuke. Enjoy Durango, enjoy the snow. Lots of it on the way :>)
    Yes, Suzanna Martinez's victory was a breath of fresh air, even though Bill Richardson did sign NM's CC law and also the change to the CC law making it legal to carry in resturants that serve beer and wine. His pay-to-play schemes, though, was what got Suzanna Martinez elected.
    Charlie

  11. #2690
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    817

    new member first post

    hello im santa. this is my first post anywhere on the internet. a little about myself ; i live near spokane wa. i attend church regular, model and ride trains, camp, stay informed politically and am married to the same wonderful wife for 37 years who obviously has good taste in men, ha ha . i also like numbers some of which are ; 458, 3006, 303, 44, 357, 12, 38, 375, 25, but my favorite number is 22. i have been around guns all my life an have yet to see one pick itself up and shoot someone, and as the saying goes "only out of my cold dead fingers" will i surrender my guns. keep up the good work usa carry! i am very busy getting ready to bring you your new toys (and lumps of coal to certain polititians) but want to share these two thoughts. PLEASE try as i have done in this post to make someone smile today, the world will be a better place if you do. and do not forget the baby in the manger and what it means. MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast