New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 270
Page 270 of 647 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 6467

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

New Member from Virginia

Hello everyone, been reading this forum for a while as a guest and finally decided to join.
    Lots of good info here and I appreciate being able to access it as a member now.

3. They call me Bear, been carrying for years, only legal since last May, have to clear that up, never on person but in luggage or under the seat or in the saddlebag..I'm pretty familiar with firearms, even won a couple national matches at Friendship black powder shoots, now I'm into cowboy shooting..I enjoy this site and have learned a few tricks, currently carry a Bersa 380 Thunder or a Ruger Police security six..which is my favorite, old fashioned guy, like wheel guns and my age is 70 any other questions feel free at ask..one more thing, Roy Rogers was my hero back in the 40s and 50s.
    Bear64

admit nothing, deny everything

hello,im new to the site.been looking around for a little bit and decided to join.
    there is multitudes of info on this site.gotta love it.
    i own a taurus pt111 as my carry and a S&W SHORTY40,the shorty is the my baby,she stays put away unless i go to the range or for show.
    ive owned guns before,but for short times as it was for most to make money.bought dirt cheap and sold for profit.
    I've had 22's,12 gauges,some hunting rifles,but didnt hold on to those long as i dont hunt.
    at the moment,got a old 1911,army issue,i beleive from the 60's,it needs repair.im hoping on hear,i can learn how to do it on here with out it losing value or damaging it.

Hello All

Calico Jack from Wisconsin here, First time caller, long time listener, love the show. I live in the nort woods, and I regularly open carry, I also have non resident permits for several states. I have been an avid CCW advocate for about 12 years. Though I voted to support CCW in WI when I was 18, it was the first thing I voted for in my life.

Been shooting since about age 10, joined the Navy in 1999 and started with explosives. That turned into a vast array of different jobs including small arms instructor, VBSS (Current Anti-Piracy operations), Force protection/anti-terrorism (Pre and Post 9/11), Harbor Patrol, and about a million other things involviong small arms. I am currently just teaching firearms to people and helping them with their gunsmithing questions.

and thats who I am....... Tah Dah..............
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Roy Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bear64 View Post
    They call me Bear, been carrying for years, only legal since last May, have to clear that up, never on person but in luggage or under the seat or in the saddlebag..I'm pretty familiar with firearms, even won a couple national matches at Friendship black powder shoots, now I'm into cowboy shooting..I enjoy this site and have learned a few tricks, currently carry a Bersa 380 Thunder or a Ruger Police security six..which is my favorite, old fashioned guy, like wheel guns and my age is 70 any other questions feel free at ask..one more thing, Roy Rogers was my hero back in the 40s and 50s.
    Welcome Bear, just a comment on Roy. If you remember in the TV shows Roy never killed anyone, just "winged them", not a good self defense practice but he was depicted as trying to bring them in not assassinate them. He really was a good shot too and used to entertain the cast and crew during breaks by shooting plates tossed into the air. Puts a whole new light on the casual way he held his wheel guns on screen.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bear64 View Post
    They call me Bear, been carrying for years, only legal since last May, have to clear that up, never on person but in luggage or under the seat or in the saddlebag..I'm pretty familiar with firearms, even won a couple national matches at Friendship black powder shoots, now I'm into cowboy shooting..I enjoy this site and have learned a few tricks, currently carry a Bersa 380 Thunder or a Ruger Police security six..which is my favorite, old fashioned guy, like wheel guns and my age is 70 any other questions feel free at ask..one more thing, Roy Rogers was my hero back in the 40s and 50s.
    Welcome Bear, enjoy the good company. Grandma was a Sly. Stopped in to see cousin Roy in later years. Found his brother Jack at his cookhouse, they sat and chatted a spell. Roy was everything he portrayed.. Gene Autry and the Lone Ranger lived up to their images. Full 180 from today's Holyweed. BTW Red Ryder lives in NM and shows up at our gun shows. :>)

8. Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Yes, Suzanna Martinez's victory was a breath of fresh air, even though Bill Richardson did sign NM's CC law and also the change to the CC law making it legal to carry in resturants that serve beer and wine. His pay-to-play schemes, though, was what got Suzanna Martinez elected.
    According to Bill, he never carried (desired the NRA vote). Suzana Does Carry. The 'boutique' beer and wine left out a key element. No Applebee's or Chile's. Also a backroom deal was made to end Utah reciprocity, following Left coast Cal and Harry's Nev. Bill is a thug and gets elected by sharing among his cadre, the rewards of his thugery. His rabid supporters 'enforce' his desires. Violence (threatened then administered) is rumored as a powerful deterent to any competition for 'the Throne'. 'The Santa Fe Ring' has been well recognised since the days of Billy the Kid. BTK deserves his long overdue Pardon :>)

9. Quote Originally Posted by wingman883 View Post
    Hi Group,
    A newbie from South Carolina here. I like to lurk awhile before I open my mouth so I've been reading some of the post. I have been very impressed with the topics and responses to them. I have just one concern. I know that this is an English only but I speak and right southern, is that OK?

Welcome, speak all the southern you want,,

Blog Entries

Glock

As far as I'm concerned the real problem with a Glock is that there's no way (that I know of) to outfit it with a custom grip. If anyone knows different I'd be very glad to hear from them.

rpeckham

Hello there, NewB here from around Asheville, NC.

I'm new to this site but not to handguns. I recently traded my 30something year old S&W Model 66 Combat Revolver in on a Glock 36 and love it. I tend to lurk much, post less... keeps me out of trouble. I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks on here and have been impressed with the friendly sharing of knowledge I've already found here.