New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 312
Page 312 of 651 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 6504

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Howdy, I'm another newbie from South Carolina looking to get some good intel from this sight. Anyone from the Greenville area know where I can get reloading supplies localy...other than Traders?
    John

Hello to the members from this site. I joined to find some answers concerning my fly and ride trip this June.
    Due to time restraints the wife and I are shipping our Harley's to Milwaukee, WI. Flying in to begin our trip east to Altoona, PA. for Nieces H.S. graduation. From there we will continue the road trip back toward the Left coast.
    My question is I am having trouble finding answers to is getting my pistol back there.
    I should have my Utah and Florida non resident Concealed carry permit in hand by then, to go along with my Washington permit.
    I had considered shipping it with the bikes, then thought it might be an issue for law enforcement. Shipping it with us on the airplane, following all the laws of course, would be more simple. That is where I am at with this. What do the laws of Wisconsin require of me in this matter. What agency do I need to contact.
    Fred

Hello everyone.
    New member here, my name is Jerry and I live near St. Louis, MO.
    I'm an avid clay shooter and have been getting into pistol shooting more.
    Plan on taking my CCW class real soon.
    Thanks!

Hello from Shreveport, LA.
    New member today.
    Looking for interesting conversations about guns ;)

6. New member from central Phoenix reporting for knowledge duty! Seems to be an awesome place to be and learn!

7. Wisconsin not CPL friendly

Quote Originally Posted by fredseviltwin View Post
    Hello to the members from this site. I joined to find some answers concerning my fly and ride trip this June.
    Due to time restraints the wife and I are shipping our Harley's to Milwaukee, WI. Flying in to begin our trip east to Altoona, PA. for Nieces H.S. graduation. From there we will continue the road trip back toward the Left coast.
    My question is I am having trouble finding answers to is getting my pistol back there.
    I should have my Utah and Florida non resident Concealed carry permit in hand by then, to go along with my Washington permit.
    I had considered shipping it with the bikes, then thought it might be an issue for law enforcement. Shipping it with us on the airplane, following all the laws of course, would be more simple. That is where I am at with this. What do the laws of Wisconsin require of me in this matter. What agency do I need to contact.
    Fred
    I live on the WI border and they are not conceal friendly at this time. As far as I know they don't reciprocate with any state permits. You will probably have to check with the WI attorney general website to verify but I expect you will have to keep your gun and ammo separate and locked up somehow. Hopefully things change soon.

8. Wassup everybody, I'm the FNG from NC....Fort Bragg to be exact. Thanks for having me!!!

9. I have been visiting for over a month now and have really appreciated the information availiable and enjoyed the various opinions on these forums. I have my CCW permit and am anxiously waiting on the delievery of my Springfield XDM .40 compact.

Getting Your Pistol Back east

Quote Originally Posted by fredseviltwin View Post
    Fred
    Fred, All you have to do to get your pistol back east is to go get you a lock box TSA approved from your local gun dealer. Cabelas sells them for around 29.00. You unload your pistol, put it in the lock box, put the lock box in your checked bag and the key to the box goes in your pocket. You can also fly with up to 11lbs of ammo. Load the mags then duck tape the tops where the ammo comes out. Its real simple to do! the baggage lady will check your lock box to make sure the weapon is unloaded, then she puts a tag inside the lock box with her signature, time and date on it. You can not do all this with the kiosk check in though, they need to accually look at your weapon. It only takes about 10min to get all this done. You can call any agency in Wis to get verbal info on their laws. If it were me and all I was doing was picking up my bike then moving on to a more conceal carry friendly state I would leave my weapon locked in the lock box inside my bag while in Wis, pick up my bike, then move on. Out of sight, out of mind. Hope this helps you out Fred, have a safe trip!

Welcome to All new member's, from " gwvet830 " from my hometown of just outside Syracuse NY.