New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 333
Page 333 of 648 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 6477

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Thanks for the welcomes

When I say Contracted, I mean I raised my right hand and swore to GOD and Country, signed the dotted line (contract) originally in 1978. I did three years and then 13 years in the Reserves, and then back Active in 1997. What a difference three decades made too. This is NOT the same Army a few of you may remember. The best thing that's happened is the upgraded M-16 (M-4 carbine) and a lot of other goodies in equiptment. After the 1990 Gulf war, and 9/11, the leadership is in need of improvement. Not going any further on that one, I'll be retiring in 2 plus years though! Hope this find you all safe and sound.

New member from California seeks discussion and advice

I have just joined USA Carry today, and I'm glad to be here. I live in California, in the South Bay, the land of "may issue". Unfortunately, there is no CCW available here. Three years ago, I took a run at a CCW with the local Sheriff, put up a good fight, but got nowhere. I do believe that I have good cause, even though I shouldn't need that, but apparently no good cause is good enough here.

I am seeking to begin a discussion with others caught in "may issue" locations in California and elsewhere to share strategy and options. Relocation is not a possibility for me, but splitting my time between two residences may be.

I spend much of my life on the road, and carry concealed just about everywhere that I go outside of California. I carry an XD-40 4" in a Sidearmor IWB holster. And, of course, I am well covered for home defense.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

JSDinTexas Guest
    A Big Howdy from Texas to all the recent members - I hope you find the site as educational and informative as I have.

5. Well, hello all. Long time lurker, recent registrant. I've found these forums invaluable for information for a few years now, but the contest finally got me to sign up for an account. :-D

I live in the 'People's Republic of Portland' (Oregon,) in a *VERY* socially liberal section on the very edge of the city proper - but one that also has a lot of "gun rights are just as important as the others" liberals, so I fit right in. (A few years ago, the local paper got a hold of the CHL database - which among other things started public debate over it being a public record - and released the number of CHLs per ZIP code in Multnomah County (the county Portland is in.) My ZIP code came out on top, even over the more conservative and rural ZIP codes on the other end of the county.)

I own a Kel-Tec P11 and a JC Higgins 12ga shotgun that was a hand-me-down from my grandfather; and about to get a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and most of an SKS (only missing the trigger group,) from a co-worker who isn't renewing his FFL (side business) so needs to clear out his stock.

I've been shooting since I was in Boy Scouts, and only target shoot for fun; no competitions, no hunting.

Not to start any political debates - just stating it for completeness (I avoid the politics forum specifically for its divisiveness,) I am an active member of the Democratic Party, and county representative of the Gun Owners' Caucus of the Democratic Party of Oregon. Yeah, I get enough divisiveness already on the political front. Thankfully, the Multnomah County Democratic Party has very gun-rights-friendly leadership, so they help me influence the electeds. Sadly, the electeds in my area tend to be less gun-rights-friendly. (But thankfully the two worst offenders in my districts are *NOT* running for re-election; one retiring completely, one attempting to run for a higher office - but will fail.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Well, hello all. Long time lurker, recent registrant. I've found these forums invaluable for information for a few years now, but the contest finally got me to sign up for an account. :-D

I live in the 'People's Republic of Portland' (Oregon,) in a *VERY* socially liberal section on the very edge of the city proper - but one that also has a lot of "gun rights are just as important as the others" liberals, so I fit right in. (A few years ago, the local paper got a hold of the CHL database - which among other things started public debate over it being a public record - and released the number of CHLs per ZIP code in Multnomah County (the county Portland is in.) My ZIP code came out on top, even over the more conservative and rural ZIP codes on the other end of the county.)

I own a Kel-Tec P11 and a JC Higgins 12ga shotgun that was a hand-me-down from my grandfather; and about to get a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and most of an SKS (only missing the trigger group,) from a co-worker who isn't renewing his FFL (side business) so needs to clear out his stock.

I've been shooting since I was in Boy Scouts, and only target shoot for fun; no competitions, no hunting.

Not to start any political debates - just stating it for completeness (I avoid the politics forum specifically for its divisiveness,) I am an active member of the Democratic Party, and county representative of the Gun Owners' Caucus of the Democratic Party of Oregon. Yeah, I get enough divisiveness already on the political front. Thankfully, the Multnomah County Democratic Party has very gun-rights-friendly leadership, so they help me influence the electeds. Sadly, the electeds in my area tend to be less gun-rights-friendly. (But thankfully the two worst offenders in my districts are *NOT* running for re-election; one retiring completely, one attempting to run for a higher office - but will fail.)
    Welcome Ed. Hope you'll find this site as edifying as I do!

Hello, I am new to this forum, from Missouri. I love the USA Carry reciprocity map!

Welcome aboard geeareess...fellow South Bayer here.

I've got a Nevada and Florida non-resident that makes me good in some 30+ States...Just not here. LA County is full of crime, but we can't properly defend ourselves once we leave the house. Hopefully this will change, if not, retiring in a few years and I'll head to friendlier waters!

Jim

Hello from Phoenix, AZ!

10. Hello All,
    I'm a new member from Kentucky. I've had my CCW since 1999 and never leave home without it. There is a lot of good information on this site and I am reading it as I can.

Hi Jim-

Thanks for the warm greeting. I live in LG, and as a business consultant, I travel a lot. I have an Arizona non-resident CCW, which makes me good in every state to which I regularly travel, except for NY, NJ and DC, which are pretty much lost causes for any CCW at the moment.

I would like to get your thoughts on a CCW strategy. Up for a discussion?

G.