New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 339
Page 339 of 650 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

.380's and such

Quote Originally Posted by Deltone View Post
    Hi all, I.m a newbie in Minnesota. I wonder if anyone has tried the new .357 called Rhino> Fires from bottom of cylinder. Are minnie .380 & .38 specials 9 mm hard on the hands because of the small size?
    I have looked at LC 9s & Kel-tecs & would appreciate any comments
    Hey Minnesota, welcome!

I carry a Kel Tec P3AT. It is harder on the hand and more importantly tougher to keep on target for follow up shots than either of my 40S&W pistols. That said, it is the only pistol I own that can disappear in my pants pocket and be nearly forgotten. . . Until I need it!
    Goliath made two fatal mistakes:
    1. He went up against a man of God!
    2. He brought a sword to a sling fight.

Talking Rhino

The Rhino .357 is far too ugly to even be in the same room with.

Greetings everyone ...

My name is Jeff and I am a firearms instructor in the central Florida area. I have really enjoyed watching the forums here grow and finally took the leap and registered.

Thanks for having me.

Hmmm ... now that I re-read that, it sounds like a 12 step program introduction. Let me try again:

Hi all ... glad to be here, looking to learn, love to teach others to carry firearms daily, dry sense of humor.

Cheers
    "For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind."
    -Eleanor Everet

5. Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Aye Aye Sir, Thank you
    the rhino was not meant to be pretty , the .357 was meant to be easier on your arm & hand. Also it will get attention-too bad its so expensive.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Deltone View Post
    the rhino was not meant to be pretty , the .357 was meant to be easier on your arm & hand. Also it will get attention-too bad its so expensive.
    I passed on the minnie lc9 & keltec for the reaasons listed here. Too much recoil & very little to hang on. I think you would spend too much time getting back on target for other shots. The small size has got to be veryhard on the hands. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deltone View Post
    I passed on the minnie lc9 & keltec for the reaasons listed here. Too much recoil & very little to hang on. I think you would spend too much time getting back on target for other shots. The small size has got to be veryhard on the hands. Am I right?
    I would say that you are partially correct. My KelTec is harder to keep on target for followup shots but not all that hard. I can pretty easily put two in an eight inch target at seven yards in short order. I can carry the KelTec at times when even my IWB single stack (skinny) 40S&W is just too likely to get attention, like in church when I'm not wearing a jacket. No one notices or pays attention to a fat wallet in a hip pocket. But a comparatively big hunk of polymer and steel on the hip gets attention when someone gives me a hug or if I move in just the wrong way.

That said, I don't like relying on a .380, it is just too small a round and the small frame is harder to shoot well. Also, even with an extended mag in the gun, one in the pipe and an extra mag, I only have a total of 14 rounds on me. Still, there are some places where I just can't carry anything bigger and it beats using harsh language alone for self defense.
    Goliath made two fatal mistakes:
    1. He went up against a man of God!
    2. He brought a sword to a sling fight.

8. Hello everyone, I'm writing from one of the worst places to be a hunter and gun owner... dreaded california. Don't worry though, I'm not from there, born and raised in Pennsylvania, CCL from Texas, and will be retiring back in PA shortly. Ah such is military life.

Hello all ! I am a new member from Holland, MI.

10. New guy in TX. Great site, glad I found it!

11. Well, I have been on here lurking for a while and just thought I would post a hello. I used to be a CCW permit holder in Iowa years ago, but lost that because of change of job and at that time final approval was up to each County Sheriff. AS of Jan 1, 2011 that changed and I now have my permit to carry again! I have also completed training to get a Utah non-resident permit, have sent all my stuff to them, they have cashed my check, but still waiting for that permit.

Currently I have a Sig P228 9mm that I have always used as a carry weapon, but thinking I need to branch out and pick up a couple other options that allows for some variety based on amount of clothes wearing, weather, etc. Just need to get some guns in hand to see what I like. Too bad the shooting range options around here are limited otherwise would get more range time in, too.

Also looking to pick up a new shotgun to have around the house and maybe start doing some clay shooting with.

So, that is kind of me. Single parent that wants to protect myself and my daughter and believe in our Second Amendment rights and NRA member.