New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 347
Page 347 of 650 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Shotguns and hand guns are my thing. I've imbarked on never ending quest to find the ultimate in conceal carry. I thankyou you'all for allowing me to join your site and look forward to any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by vesicle View Post
    Shotguns and hand guns are my thing. I've imbarked on never ending quest to find the ultimate in conceal carry. I thankyou you'all for allowing me to join your site and look forward to any advice.
    Let me spell it out for you, G-L-O-C-K!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Seven4Para,
    Welcome aboard,glad you have joined us.
    I'm also an Para fan. I carry the Para Hawg
    .45 ACP
    Not much of a Para fan but I do have a few of their guns. Seven 4 Para is the name of my training company :) I think their manufacturing quality has dropped quite a bit over the years.

5. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Let me spell it out for you, G-L-O-C-K!!!
    fine gun but I wouldnt call it the ultimate conceal carry :) Way too many issues with gen 4 guns.

6. Some freinds and I were discussing the slim hawg just the other day. Accuracy with a 3" barrel and a .45 did'nt go well with the distance I was looking for. That's the problem, distance with accuracy in the 75 to 100 range yet concealable on a person with out having to were a suit or heavy clothing. "let's say in a boot for instance or undergarment holsters"
    "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
    (Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC, April 1965.)

7. I carry the 23 on board,much to much for personal concealment. Clock frame is ok to a point, pass that point and by design the accuracy, dependabilty so on logically goes out the window. I'm thinking metal alloy revolver with a fast spinning sizeable cal. cause you don't need to throw a lot of shells around if the ones you throw are accurate. More times than not a personal confrontation you so happen to come across will require accuracy because of the environment. With out knowing with confidence, problems due to hesitation by not being sure (that secound of doubt)of the accuracy will inevitably be your down fall, weather it be personal injury, criminal or civil litigation.
    So the search continues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vesicle View Post
    Some freinds and I were discussing the slim hawg just the other day. Accuracy with a 3" barrel and a .45 did'nt go well with the distance I was looking for. That's the problem, distance with accuracy in the 75 to 100 range yet concealable on a person with out having to were a suit or heavy clothing. "let's say in a boot for instance or undergarment holsters"
    "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
    (Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC, April 1965.)
    I guess I am curious as to why accuracy in the 75 to 100 yard range is important in a concealed carry gun. The vast majority of gunfights take place in the 7 to 15 foot range. If you are shooting at someone out at 100 yards, you will, most likely go to jail. We are not in a war, we are just protecting ourselves from the bad guys and I don't think you can even identify the bad guys at 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    I guess I am curious as to why accuracy in the 75 to 100 yard range is important in a concealed carry gun. The vast majority of gunfights take place in the 7 to 15 foot range. If you are
    shooting at someone out at 100 yards, you will, most likely go to jail. We are not in a war, we are just
    protecting ourselves from the bad guys and I don't think you can even identify the bad guys at 100 yards.
    I agree, I carry a very small American Arms that is accurate at close range. If I'm out back and a bad dog
    jumps one of my not so bad dogs, I have a .22 rifle for that purpose.

Thumbs up Rimfire Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbump View Post
    If I'm out back and a bad dog
    jumps one of my not so bad dogs, I have a .22 rifle for that purpose.
    And they were bringing rimfire shooters to his shooting range that he might let them get a lane on his rifle range, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, "Let the rimfire shooters come to me and set up in an empty lane on my shooting range; do not hinder them, for to such belongs at the gunclub of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not practice at my rifle range like these rimfire shooters shall not become a member of the gunclub of God." And he took them in his arms and blessed them, and gave them a twenty percent off coupon for their next purchase at Cabelas.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    I guess I am curious as to why accuracy in the 75 to 100 yard range is important in a concealed carry gun. The vast majority of gunfights take place in the 7 to 15 foot range. If you are shooting at someone out at 100 yards, you will, most likely go to jail. We are not in a war, we are just protecting ourselves from the bad guys and I don't think you can even identify the bad guys at 100 yards.
    Yep, you are not going to be shooting from a conceal defensive situation at those ranges. Most all of handgun involved shootings are 10yds and in.