New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 351
Page 351 of 650 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6500

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Hi... new from SC and NJ. I have been reading the site for a few weeks now and decided to join.

3. Forum name pretty much covers it. Working on CCW in the Golden State. Will take luck, perseverance, patience X3.....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Tom View Post
    Dark Cobra,

My first CCW was in NY State. Even with a valid NY State CCW I could not carry in NYC! NYC requires a CCW issued by and for NYC. That's it, they have no grace or humor about it that I know of.

Sorry Man, after a life of service you should get a bit more respect and consideration from your birthplace.
    Thank you "Pastor Tom". It truly is sad what is going on with N.Y.C. They don't even want other law enforcement officers in their town carrying. I look at it this way, they're getting exactly what they deserve as a result! I read with amusement lately how their Mayor now wants even stronger gun laws. Oh really now?

He's already got the Sullivan Laws that for all practical purposes denies EVERYONE a firearm for pretty much ANY reason. How do you get tougher than 'No one can have a gun for any reason . . . ever'? What he doesn't realize is they blundered badly when they so brutally disarmed the honest law abiding citizens and told all other law enforcement to stay out! The criminals are running more amok now than ever before. So be it N.Y.C. . . . good luck with your crime rate LOL!
    "A gun in your hand is worth more than a cop on the phone!"

5. Greetings from Basel, Swiss dear members. My name is Ellen, and I am a gun nut. I look forward in coming back to the states, and that is the reason I signed up here, to find out where to land when I get back.

6. hello I am new to this site also I enjoy hunting and target shooting with my wife I myself carry a Sig Sauer p250 45 cal.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ellma View Post
    Greetings from Basel, Swiss dear members. My name is Ellen, and I am a gun nut. I look forward in coming back to the states, and that is the reason I signed up here, to find out where to land when I get back.
    Here in the states, many of the more educated have heard stories all of our lives of the brave Swiss Citizens and their independence through Power. The Swiss are always welcome in a Freedom loving society. New Mexico USA loves Freedom. We pressure our politicos endlessly to ensure our Rights. We have mountains and also are only hours away from 'The Switzerland of America'. Ouray Colorado. :>) You are always Welcome to the 'Freedom' States Ellen.

Greetings...new member from SC. Carry a Ruger .380 LCP or S&W MP 40 depending on where I'm going.

Hello everyone. I am a new member from WI. I am a flight medic for the WI national guard and am currently deployed. Just got out of Iraq and am heading home hopefully in the next month. Seeing how WI is finally passing concealed carry I am now joining this site instead of just reading the various threads but would like you to know that I appreciate this forum and some of the topics spoken about. Thanks.

10. Hello! I am from Denver, CO area. I have enjoyed reading the post and look forward to learning more. - Jason

Pistol Newbie with range question

Hi all,

Moved from Buffalo, NY to southeastern VA and purchased my first pistol, a S&W Sigma 9mm. Looking to obtain my CCP soon. There are so many pistol ranges around where I live. Being a newbie, what are some of the qualities I should be looking for in a range? I really want to excel at shooting with training for real world situations.