New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 356
Page 356 of 650 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Hey guys,

New member here. Just received my New Mexico CCL, after an intensive 20 hour course. Qualified with a .40 SW, scored 94%, and a .44 magnum, scored 82% (big ass revolver made me nervous, lol).

Will be carrying an XD40 subcompact (along with SpyderCo knife and SabreRED). Reason I chose to obtain my CCW is for personal safety; NM is not what it used to be. Lots of Central and South American drug gangs moving in. Home invasions/robberies/car jackings becoming more common, and I want to protect myself against those things.

Glad to be here

Hello!

Long time user, recent member. I'm a (USA Carry Badged) NRA Instructor in the Northern Virginia area, specifically in Alexandria. Bio stuff can be found here: William Sadler - Valegreen Response, looking forward to interacting with folks!

Also, kudos for this site. One of the best on the web for firearms info.

4. New member from SW Ohio. Glad I found the site.

5. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by XD40Colorado View Post
    Hey guys,

New member here. Just received my New Mexico CCL, after an intensive 20 hour course. Qualified with a .40 SW, scored 94%, and a .44 magnum, scored 82% (big ass revolver made me nervous, lol).

Will be carrying an XD40 subcompact (along with SpyderCo knife and SabreRED). Reason I chose to obtain my CCW is for personal safety; NM is not what it used to be. Lots of Central and South American drug gangs moving in. Home invasions/robberies/car jackings becoming more common, and I want to protect myself against those things.

Glad to be here
    good move every ciry seams to be getting worse with gangs and desperate people! keep practicing !

new member camden nc retired usn Avation tech former member of USN skeet team just getting back into handguns Randy

7. @XD40Colorado, welcome: Besides many smaller senseless assasinations and incidents related to drug addiction, NM has historically been the scene of several newsworthy events... 'Before CCW'. Hollywood video massacre, Las Cruces Bowling alley slaughter and several others. Like the Killeen Texas Luby's, all would have been minor incidents with one certified CCW patron with 'situational awareness', on site. Travel Colorado often, and recall a couple of prison breaks that resulted in loss of innocent life, which could have easily been minimised with one CCW on the site. RV'ers Gary and Linda Hass were murdered in NM by Arizona prison escapees in 2010. They were both CCW but unarmed, were surprised by McClusky and friends at an I-40 rest area, hesitated before able to draw and fire. Taken inside and murdered, Their bodies were burned in their camping trailer.

Great opportunity to interact and learn from other CCW owners! Look forward to reading some of the threads.

9. New permit holder from Wisconsin. Until I get something smaller, my carry pistol will be my USGI Colt M1911.

10. New Member

I am a new member to USA Carry I am honored to join this forum

11. Hi all, I'm new here and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm in NYS and got my CC Permit about 3 weeks ago.