New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 368
Page 368 of 650 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

New to Site

Hi

Glad to find this site. I'm Randy and i live in south central Oklahome About 90 miles south of OKC

3. @Kaze 11: If spelling were the requirement to be a straight shooter, the major battles involving the American people would be lost before they started. Hang tight, you are among friends. Welcome to USA Carry. :>)

Quote Originally Posted by Blogengeezer View Post
    @Kaze 11: If spelling were the requirement to be a straight shooter, the major battles involving the American people would be lost before they started. Hang tight, you are among friends. Welcome to USA Carry. :>)
    Now, I don't want to toot my own horn, but being Dutch (born and raised in Amsterdam....), I am always amazed at how bad the English is in some of the online communities (I am not addressing anyone in particluar here, so don't "shoot the messenger" (pun intended...)!). I have only been in the States since 2003 (and became a Citizen in August of 2008!), but it seems that either my spell check works a lot better than other people's or my grasp of the English language is just a lot better than many other people..... Or maybe the (deteriorating...) education system here has someting to do with that...?!?!
    Anyway, let me get back on-topic, as I do not mean to offend anyone here.... And if I did, please forgive me.

Regards, Eric
    Rossi 462 .357 Magnum/.38 Special; Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact; Marlin XL7 .270; SIG Sauer Mosquito .22LR; Hi-Point C9 9mm; Mossberg Maverick 88 Field 12Ga pump shotgun; S&W Sigma 9mm; S&W 1911-22 (most recent).

5. dwmckenney

Keep putting those treads in, don't give up.

6. This is a great site Welcome aborad. Dwmckenney

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie_in_Mobile View Post
    I am always amazed at how bad the English is in some of the online communities
    Regards, Eric
    Hi Eric, My English is quite good also, I was an Industrial Systems Engineer and Environmental Engineer for my 40 years working and always made it a point to ensure my spelling and grammar were correct in all emails and business notes that I sent out. I was always amazed at the number of university graduates who sent out messages that were difficult to read and sometimes made little sense. BUT - - now we have the internet and we spend so much time Facebooking and Tweeting and I belong to a dozen various rifle, handgun and archery forums and then I git ina beeg rush and fergit to pay atenshun to whut ahm doin' and my Southern starts ta take ovr and afer ya nodeit ahm talkin like thisheah! So a fer piece down the rode thars a barn and ifn ya drive a ways down thar ya come to a hitchin post and ya tie up yer hoss and then ya go out huntin' fer possum n rabits . . . . . . . . . so ya see this is what I spent all those years at Florida State and the University of Florida . . . . so I could become a SemiGator !!!! Take care and talk atcha later......

GB45

Welcome to the site. You'll find a great deal of valuable info here.

Newbie from the Live Free
    Glad we have such a site.

John

Live Free or Die State
    New Hampshire

11. Hello from Arkansas. Glad to join this forumn. I hope to learn a lot.