New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 375
Page 375 of 651 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6504

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Hello everyone. Long time gun owner/shooter/hunter and former US Army 12-B. Newly permitted CCW. The change in my state to "shall issue" from "may issue" and the extension of the term from one year to five years gave me the incentive to finally apply for my CCW permit. Additionally, in Iowa, it doubles as a Permit to Acquire and I had been meaning to pick-up an XDM for some time now anyways. I'm a big fan of SA and their XDM's. Thus my screen name on here. Thanks in advance for all of the great info that I'm sure I'll gleen from your posts.

Hello from Manitowoc, WI. As most people know by now Wisconsin has become one the newest states to pass a bill for concealed carry. I got on the band wagon took a aacfi course and received my permit for concealed carry in about 23 days. My first purchase was a stoeger cougar .45. Yeah it's a bit heavy to walk around with, but it is very reliable, fits my hand like a glove, and I am very comfortable with it. Anyways, I am new to the forum and what I have seen so far in the posts it looks like a great forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arkmark View Post
    hello all, new member from Ok. here.
    Glad to have you. What part of OK?

5. I am new member to this forum. Just checking in. I recently purchased a Sigma VE9 for CC. Any comments?

6. Figured I'd say hello on the noob thread. New Texas CHL holder here. Enjoyed guns since I was a kid, but recently I decided that daily carry and proper preparation is necessary for true peace of mind.

Welcome everyone:

Richard Beltz Yip, this is a good place, even for experienced guys like yourself
    arkmark Welcome to the site, I think you will like it here
    marknbuck Congratulations on that carry permit, that’s awesome
    chadillac910 Congratulations to you on your permit as well
    DUPDAWG Welcome to the site, I have a good friend that I work with that lives in Ohio
    MPGSr I used to train FAM’s out in Egg Harbor a few years back, welcome to the forums
    petetabbit Nice to have you exercising your rights
    XDMGuy Good for you, and welcome to the forums as well
    stevenmetzger Yeah for WI and it’s new CCW permits, good for you. I have a buddy and fellow instructor that I work with over here in Iraq, we will both be home shortly and will be offering courses starting in April
    Usmc Don My comment is welcome to the forum, and any gun will do if you do

I am relatively new to this forum as well, but I have found it’s membership to be mostly pleasant, informative, and eager to help. In short, everything a good forum should be. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Warm regards,

- SB

Jimmy Bryk Guest
    Hello, newbie from WI

Hello from SE Wisconsin. Got my Wisconsin CCL January 3rd, waiting for my Utah permit. Long time gun owner and 2nd Amendment (Constitution) supporter. Found out about this forum from my Utah gun safety trainer. Forums are great places to meet and learn from like minded people.

10. Welcome neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Hello from SE Wisconsin. Got my Wisconsin CCL January 3rd, waiting for my Utah permit. Long time gun owner and 2nd Amendment (Constitution) supporter. Found out about this forum from my Utah gun safety trainer. Forums are great places to meet and learn from like minded people.
    Looks like more and more from WI are getting permits. That's great. Now if you can convince your southern neighbors in Illinois we can travel the bulk of the USA with coverage.

Yea, Buy a Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by Usmc Don View Post
    I am new member to this forum. Just checking in. I recently purchased a Sigma VE9 for CC. Any comments?
    Yea, buy a Glock ... Any Glock! I'll shoot anything, but when my life is at stake I carry a Glock!

I work at a gun store and by no means does that make me an authority on all and every gun, but it really is hard to beat a Glock.

The Sigma you purchased has a good "Price Point," but that's wear it ends. The trigger is horrible and it's rather large to carry.