New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 385
Page 385 of 650 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Hello from a newbie in Vermont,
    We have some wonderful gun laws in this state, as soon as I purchased my XDM I was legal to carry it and am
    proud/thankful we have such laws. Was wondering what other states have similar gun laws that don't make you pay extra to protect yourself or your families?

3. New member from Alabama

Just got my Alabama permit on 2/19/12!

FERG

Just found the ccw maps on here, what a useful piece of information. glad i took a look around and joined.

Congrats on the permit bwferg78! Welcome from Lower Alabama!

6. thanx

Its a great thing to live in a country where we as citizens can have open discussions with the freedom to express ourselves.

7. I am glad Missouri had a mandatory CCW class. I learned quite a bit about guns, gun laws, do's & don'ts, along with several good recommendations. I feel the day long class was well worth it.
    Making sure you hit your target!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman View Post
    Its a great thing to live in a country where we as citizens can have open discussions with the freedom to express ourselves.
    We must all stick together to keep it this way.

Welcome everyone to this group.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Jlaf View Post
    I am glad Missouri had a mandatory CCW class. I learned quite a bit about guns, gun laws, do's & don'ts, along with several good recommendations. I feel the day long class was well worth it.
    My husband and I had two whole days of classes at Jefferson. Welcome to this group and please fill up your profile as to where you are.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

10. Quote Originally Posted by applessshch View Post
    I'm from Michigan, too. Other side of the state. I'm glad to see someone else here from MI.
    There are quite a few here from Michigan. Welcome to all.

Blog Entries

Choosing a defense pistol

I certainly agree that the .380 ACP is the absolute minimum for a personal defense pistol, particularly if loaded with Hornaday's new "Critical Defense" ammo. A good rule of thumb to follow when getting your first handgun is to get the largest caliber that you can shoot comfortably. There's no point in getting a very large caliber pistol that leaves the shooter shaking and unsteady after the first shot.

rpeckham