New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 407
Page 407 of 650 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 6497

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. "As an instructor, I am the first line of defense, as it were. Nobody is gonna pull the wool over my eyes. I spend about an hour questioning potential applicants, posing the same series of questions over and over again, albeit in different ways. If you're evil or bizarre, and have questionable motives, then adios! I don't want potential putzes packing. I go over the application form and process with my students in detail. If they answer yes to any of the no-nos, that's the end of my involvement. I cannot in good faith agree to arming someone who has the wrong mindset. No money charged (I teach pro bono), just my time. And that is small enough value in stopping rogues. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

So who evaluates YOU?

Now the folks of Boston not only have to fight the U.S. Govt for their already enumerated 2nd AMEND RIGHTS, THEY HAVE TO FIGHT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT, and now YOU!
    Please stop doing that. You are putting yourself in a self-proclaimed lofty position of power to which you are not entitled. By doing so, you are part of the problem, not the solution. We have enough hoops to jump through without having to jump through another, put up by some self-crusading bureaucrat. The State gave you permission to train these applicants, not pick which ones YOU thought should get a permit or not. Who said YOU have the training to be able to pick and choose? What Govt approved training have YOU had, that is specific to the task, that enables you to do the picking?

Don't you see that by doing this self-selection process, YOU are part of the problem we are ALL having with this 2nd Amendment fight? Don't you see that YOU are adding ONE MORE hoop for us to jump through? And don't you see that, in doing so, YOU are WAY OUT of your purview? Nobody gave you that authority!

Listen, I know you are doing what you think is right and proper. And you might even be doing it to CYA, in case a wacko comes through your one of your classes. BUT, that ISN'T your job to do! We are ALREADY fighting enough "well intentioned" people in the process. We don't need another. You see, FOLKS like YOU are why we have this darn process now, instead of just being able to walk to the local firearms dealer, but a firearm and holster, and put it on and wear it everyday....all courtesy of the 2nd Amendment.

3. CI'm a new instructor coming on the scene and I strongly agree. Even we may let someone slip through the crack, but no one else is going to know the student better than us. My classes are going to be over 8 hrs. And I'm going to pour information into my students (never more than 10 at a time) leaving Bo stones unturned. Its only my time and I will be paying attention; I wana be able to sleep.

[
    So who evaluates YOU?

GOV5,

I evaluate myself! My adult life has been spent evaluating people, mostly to protect myself. I am not concerned with an attitude of CYA, but the safety of the public and in the good furtherance of CC. There's more than enough evil people out there without arming them; as I hope folks would agree. If you believe I err in thinking, so be it. I'd rather you think me wrong (though at 65 years of age, my experience proves me correct), than cause needless grief. Remember, I don't charge folks, and they can always pay someone who has a more liberal attitude. Don't want to argue this topic.

Howdy everyone!!

Just joined from Delaware. Plan on taking my CDW permit course in the next few weeks then submitting all need paperwork.

Hello, I'm not new to the site but new to actually particapating. My wife and I have both had our CHL for two years and have been carring everyday since receiving it. We reside in east Texas and have a 9 year old son that enjoys going to the range with me everychance he gets. I have enjoyed reading the posts and have got a lot of usefull information from this site. I look forward to throwing my 2 cents in every once in awhileas well,

7. i agree with gov5. we have too many unstable people with weapons already. there must be some way of weaning out that bully, quick tempered individual who just want to shoots someone. we have enough gangs already and dont's need to add a gang with a cwp. he have the right to refuse to train anyone. common sense must apply with any use of deadly force. this is not the old western days, we should be more educated and think before we act. God help us, some of us just want to be known for carrying. we have too many confused goups already without adding one more fool to them.

8. Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie who just purchased his first handgun for home protection, a Glock 23!

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    "As an instructor, I am the first line of defense, as it were. Nobody is gonna pull the wool over my eyes. I spend about an hour questioning potential applicants, posing the same series of questions over and over again, albeit in different ways. If you're evil or bizarre, and have questionable motives, then adios! I don't want potential putzes packing. I go over the application form and process with my students in detail. If they answer yes to any of the no-nos, that's the end of my involvement. I cannot in good faith agree to arming someone who has the wrong mindset. No money charged (I teach pro bono), just my time. And that is small enough value in stopping rogues. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

So who evaluates YOU?

Now the folks of Boston not only have to fight the U.S. Govt for their already enumerated 2nd AMEND RIGHTS, THEY HAVE TO FIGHT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT, and now YOU!
    Please stop doing that. You are putting yourself in a self-proclaimed lofty position of power to which you are not entitled. By doing so, you are part of the problem, not the solution. We have enough hoops to jump through without having to jump through another, put up by some self-crusading bureaucrat. The State gave you permission to train these applicants, not pick which ones YOU thought should get a permit or not. Who said YOU have the training to be able to pick and choose? What Govt approved training have YOU had, that is specific to the task, that enables you to do the picking?

Don't you see that by doing this self-selection process, YOU are part of the problem we are ALL having with this 2nd Amendment fight? Don't you see that YOU are adding ONE MORE hoop for us to jump through? And don't you see that, in doing so, YOU are WAY OUT of your purview? Nobody gave you that authority!

Listen, I know you are doing what you think is right and proper. And you might even be doing it to CYA, in case a wacko comes through your one of your classes. BUT, that ISN'T your job to do! We are ALREADY fighting enough "well intentioned" people in the process. We don't need another. You see, FOLKS like YOU are why we have this darn process now, instead of just being able to walk to the local firearms dealer, but a firearm and holster, and put it on and wear it everyday....all courtesy of the 2nd Amendment.
    well said Gov5!
    NRA, GOA, USCCA, OFCC, BFA, USA Carry

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. passing by, saying hi!

11. Thanks for the backup! I knew when I posted that reply I was going to get a lot of flak, but I didn't care. It isn't the first time I've posted controversial statements here, and got flamed for doing so. LOL!

But here's the main message I was trying to convey. We, as a group, are the first ones to stand up and cry out about excessive over-regulation, laws put on books that are only there to suppress gun rights, all the different laws in each State, etc. What the people that disagree with me are forgetting is that those people that passed all those anti-firearm laws THOUGHT THEY had the most honorable of intentions too!
    Yet we STILL despise their actions. Well, if one of US starts adding hoops to jump through, or actually starts deciding, by their own executive order, which persons THEY think has the right to get a PERMIT to bear arms, WE(or more specifically THAT person) is being a hypocritical. They are now part of the problem they have been complaining about!

I don't see why that is so hard to understand. Again, thank YOU for understanding what I was saying.