New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 438
Page 438 of 648 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 6477

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. My revolver experience

Hi

When I was about four, some guy let me hold his shiny revolver and told me to pull the trigger. I tried but it just wouldn't move.

When I was about six, I went up on the porch of a guy I knew to visit with him. His front door was open so I walked on in. He was asleep on his bed and I saw a little revolver laying on the nightstand. I picked it up, took the cartridges out and closed the cylinder. I then walked to the foot of his bed and pointed the gun at his head and hollered "HEY BARNEY-STICK 'EM UP", and the instant he saw me his eyes got as big as saucers, and as he was raising up his right arm was outstretched and he was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" as I pulled the trigger.

My next experience with a revolver was when I was twenty and a friend invited me to try out the little 22 revolver he had just bought.
    We wedged a small matchbox behind some bark on a tree, and we shot all 50 of the rounds he had and didn't hit the matchbox one time, even from ten feet away.

Well that was over forty years ago, and with all that experience under my belt I'm planning on buying my own revolver, a new stainless steel GP 100 with a 4" barrel.

I live in IN and expect to receive my carry license in three to five days, and hopefully, within three to five months Ruger will make enough of those "100's" that I'll get an email from "Buds" that my wish list has been fulfilled.

Hello from Murfreesboro, TN.

I've decided to transform myself from lurker to member.
    I tend to hang out more on musician and guitar-related forums, but I've visited here from time to time to look around. Looks like I'll be staying awhile!

Hey guys. I have been here for a while, but not a regular participant. I am coming from a paid concealed carry forum (that shall remain nameless) that I chose to leave due to the fact that their owner is an idiot and more concerned with selling his sham products that allowing a place to facilitate the exchange of good CCW information. That said, I am glad to be here and look forward to talking with all of you.

5. Hi,
    I'm interested in obtaining a concealed carry permit in MS. Anyone had any experience with the MS procedure? I've heard it takes quite a while to get the permit.
    jim

6. Hi from Mi..and I speak Michigander!

Another newbie here. Currently living in North Mississippi, working in Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtrunzler View Post
    Hi,
    I'm interested in obtaining a concealed carry permit in MS. Anyone had any experience with the MS procedure? I've heard it takes quite a while to get the permit.
    jim
    Jim, my experience may be a little different since I filed for an enhanced permit, but it took 8 weeks for me.

9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Aye Aye Sir, Thank you
    Thank you, this is my first time joining a site like this

Blog Entries

Reason for delay

Quote Originally Posted by Walther_Fan View Post
    Jim, my experience may be a little different since I filed for an enhanced permit, but it took 8 weeks for me.
    One of the reasons for delays in granting permits is that on occasion the FBI deliberately drags its feet in processing the fingerprint requests. They claim the delay is due to the fact that they haven't the personnel to process them any faster. They then use that as an excuse to ask Congress to increase the Bureau's budget! In some circles this is known as, "the old army game."

rpeckham

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by e_v_h View Post
    Hi all from MA, "the worst state to try and get a cc permit" haha. Well maybe not the worst, but I did try and was denied to obtain mine. Anyways, looking forward to browsing around and learning a thing or two.
    Welcome aboard! =-)

Like you, I was also denied my 2nd amendment rights when I lived in Southern 'CommieFornia' for 36 years.
    Then I finally wised up and moved to the Great State of Texas.
    Now I can legally carry my sidearm/s everyday.

~Good Luck & Stay Safe Out There~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~