New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 499
Page 499 of 650 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 6497

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by bstone352 View Post
    There is a website that gives you gun laws for every state and for cleaning just follow the instructions in your owner booklet that came with it. For the shooting part go to the nearest range and practice. If you have your own ammo it will be much cheaper.
    I'm one of those people who had a head injury and don't learn easily from books any longer --- reading sometimes becomes letters on a page with little comprehension since the concussion --- I have trouble visualizing --- I need to be shown and have it explained to me. Usually more than once.

I found the laws at georgiapacking.com and even in their 'Plain English' I am finding it hard to concentrate on the words.

But THAT is me and my problem. I have some ammo but I am trying to hold onto it.

Coosa
    Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Which is why using a laser sight is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post
    Hi Coosa,

My sister-in-law and her husband live in Kathleen. I'm not sure where that relates to your location, but if you're close to them, they might be able to help you, "to learn to shoot my pistol correctly. And learn the Georgia Gun Laws. And to learn how to clean my gun." as you stated. Let me know if you're interested in meeting them. I don't get on this site as much as I want, but I'm attempting to change that. You can send me a private message (PM) rather than posting here.

I hope to be more active on the site in the future.
    Wish I lived closer. I'm in Fannin County and Kathleen is 3 1/2 hours away -- on a good day. When I mentioned "North Georgia" I really meant North North Georgia, a few miles from the North Carolina line.

Coosa
    Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Which is why using a laser sight is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by bstone352 View Post
    For the shooting part go to the nearest range and practice. If you have your own ammo it will be much cheaper.
    That's one of the problems, there is no nearby range ... they're hours away ... There is a gun club less than an hour away, but it is open mainly for "matches" or for classes to learn how to shoot in the matches, with few classes for women. It doesn't appear to be open unless the Range Officer is available to be there from what I gather on the website.

I will call them after I try to understand the GA Carry Rules and get my license so I can transport my handgun legally.

Coosa

5. Greetings to all y'all "Newbies" from Louisville, Kentucky...This is an amazing site that I've been getting emails from myself & have just started getting in on the action too! It's nice to have found a "decent" site for a change! Welcome aboard EVERYONE!
    Yours in FREEDOM...
    P3
    Keep...
    yer Powder dry,
    yer Clip full, &
    yer Aim... DEAD ON!

6. Hello from another newbie - living in what is affectionately referred to as the "free state" - (not)- Maryland. Really never paid a lot of attention to the whole gun issue - until it was decided by the powers that be; they want to take away that right. Now I am very interested - and plan to do some serious lurking as I learn more. I know that Maryland is very reluctant to let anyone have a concealed carry - they prefer to have us defenseless and dependent. I plan to change that for my own circumstances. :)

7. You can carry your gun unloaded and locked in a case for right now but definitely get the license soon

8. Greetings, noob from Florida here. I look forward to interacting with this forum, thanks for having me.

Hello all from a new member from Phoenix, Az. This first time joining into a blog and so far liking a lot of the conversations going on.

Hello to all from Ohio.

Happy to join!

So I am getting tired of carrying around my 1911 ACP. My Ruger P94 is also rather large framed.
    So I am contemplating the Ruger 380 line to CCW.....
    Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.....