New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 50
Page 50 of 647 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Welcome from SC, SeamanZero!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thumbs up

Welcome folks.
    Preserve the 2nd amendment and firearms, THE NRA NEEDS YOU NOW!
    May the happiest day of your past, be the saddest day or your future.
    Today is the very first day of the rest of your life!

Found the site via Tapatalk for the I-Phone. From SC originally but live in GA now. The site looks great!

Just joined -- hello from south of the State of Chicago

Looking forward to chatting with weveryone

Dave

Welcome from SC, Ncturnal and zdts01. Glad to have you aboard!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

7. Just joined! I have always been intrigued by guns since I first saw Terminator 2 when I was a little boy haha. Now that I am 21 I can finally own one! I recently purchased a Springfield XD9 and I love it so far. I hope to learn more as I browse through this thread. I am still very much a noobie.

8. Glad to be here

New member from south carolina. Hello to all

I registered the first time I came across this site. I carry a Hi Point .45, open more often than not, though I have a permit. The weapon suits me fine; the only problem I've had was a tendency for the magazine to release accidently. I added a pen spring to the button-side of the safety, and the problem went away.

I am very adamant about OUR 2nd Amendment rights. People ask why I carry a gun, the answer is "Because I can". The three most important things about a hand gun are caliber, caliber, and caliber. This assumes the carrier to be safety-conscious, know the local laws governing carrying one, and not be a hot-headed idiot. A junk .22 will kill you just as dead as a junk .45, and a bad attitude will get you killed or locked up much easier than a calm, professional demeanor. There is no such thing as a "minor gunshot wound"; shot is shot, and it is ALWAYS serious. I believe every law-abiding citizen of the US has a duty, if not to actually carry a side arm, at least to know how they work and what they can do. Instead of sweeping it under the rug and making 500 ft no-gun zones around schools and the like, I believe firearm education and safety should be required in grade school. Take the mystery and romance out of people's attitude toward them, along with the irrational fear (though a healthy dose of something between fear and respect is a must if one is to carry a loaded weapon); replace them with knowledge and a bit of experience. and stop showing people getting shot on TV walking around two days later in a shoulder sling, as if being shot were merely a minor annoyance.

Keep your powder dry!

KBV

New to the site from the Commonwealth (my wealth is their wealth) of Taxachussets...MA.. Any one else here from MA?

Hello to all..
    Last edited by 6shootercarry; 08-11-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: none
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Hello everyone! New guy here, came across this site today for the 1st time and I am amazed of wealth of info in this forum. Look forward to chat and learn from everyone here!
    Last edited by wagon; 08-12-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: edit