New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 515
Page 515 of 650 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 6497

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Welcome everyone that has just joined. Glad to have you here.

Suggestion for all... click on your screen name and click the tab "About me" and at least put in what state you are from. This helps us answer questions concerning gun laws that pertain to you.

Have a great weekend.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Hello from a Newbie from Central Ohio. I have already joined the NRA and just purchased A new Hi-point 9mm and before you start on the purchase you buy what you can afford at the time. I've saw in other forums and different places must people don't think much of Hi-point.

Greetings everyone. I'm an active duty service member in VA, avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment and have been shooting long enough to know that there is a lot I don't know. Looking to learn, maybe have something to contribute and overall have a good time talking to like minded people.

As a background on me I've been shooting all my life but for the last 10 years I've been gone through many formal courses and in that time I've completed Blackwater 5 day pistol/carbine course twice, Mid-South Institute of Self-Defense Shooting 5 day pistol/carbine course, NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor for handgun and shotgun, Expeditionary Small Arms Instructor for handgun and rifle, and Conflict Kinetics Advanced Marksmanship Combat Shooting Course along with CQB, land warfare, and urban warfare courses through the military.

So as you can see, my training has nothing to do with concealed carry or any of the legalities thereof (read noob) and I will be asking lots of questions and reading lots of posts. Thanks to all of you that take the time to post on here for those of us that have lots to learn in this arena.

Hi all, New guy from Pennsylvania but raised in West Virginia. Just joined to gain knowledge from others on various subjects. Fairly new to carrying. Kinda scared in the direction of our great country and pissed off at the Government. Will feel out the site before opening my mouth on most subjects.

Hi! New here. Raised in WY, now live in IA. I'm a veteran and a stay at home mom. New to CC, still trying to find a safe, comfortable way to carry w/o my 3yr old noticing. I am ready to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgun Jim View Post
    Hi from another Eastern (north) Kentuckian , Ashland !!
    From ironton. Any good gun groups in this area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dan,
    I have a Hi-Point 45. My experience and my gunsmith even talk when at range. Gun is accurate, dependable and rugged. A little ugly but if it shoots when you need it to and you will use it, then it will defend you and your family. I cannot afford the top line guns but the ones I have, I can depend on and that is what I need in a gun that will protect me and my family. Good luck and have fun with the gun.

Hello and welcome,

I am new here also. I joined about 1 week ago. I am amazed at how many people join the group every day.

Hi Dan,
    My first handgun was a Hi-Point .380. Like you it was what I could afford. It did its job though. Always fired and was always pretty much on target. Most misses were operator error. The only issue I ever had with it was that it did not like some steel casings that I tried to put through it. Other than that I loved it. I sold it to a friend a few years ago and it is still going strong. You definitely get your money's worth with them.

shotz90s - Thank you for your comments on the Hi-point they get a bad rap on most sites, yes it might be ugly but IMO no uglier than a Glock most of the new composite guns would not win a beauty contest. One thing for sure you could be just as dead from a good shooting cheap ugly gun as you could from a good shooting High priced ugly gun.