New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 53
Page 53 of 650 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Hey, folks. Newby here from Indiana. Was referred by your resident troublemaker, Jay. Good looking site. I look forward to surfing it more.

Hello From Southeast Michigan

4. Hi, I am a retired 1sgt from the US Army and am looking around for a course for my wife so she can handle my handguns. We live in New York State were the permit rules are very strict. We are fortunate enough to have dual permits so If something should happen to either one of us the weapons can not be confiscated. Thanks for welcoming me aboard

Welcome from SC Walter Zoomie and RogerKessler! We're glad to have you aboard...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Welcome. Good to hear you both got your permits!

7. Welcome to all our new friends.

Thanks for the welcome!!! Still waiting for the permit, but I bought a Winchester gun safe to park my pistol

Quote Originally Posted by RogerKessler View Post
    Hi, I am a retired 1sgt from the US Army and am looking around for a course for my wife so she can handle my handguns. We live in New York State were the permit rules are very strict. We are fortunate enough to have dual permits so If something should happen to either one of us the weapons can not be confiscated. Thanks for welcoming me aboard
    What part of NY? I have a family summer home in Lewis County (West edge of the Adirondack Park). I live in MA and NY will not issue non-res permits so I have to leave it at home when I go there...sniff sniff
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Hello all, I just put a down payment on a GLOCK 19. It is my first pistol...in final stages of approval for permit. Can't wait!!. Local gun shop will allow payments, and will refund if there are any problems with final approval of permit. I am disabled and will be trying for CCW permit. Already passed interview with local PD. I am from western NY.
    Noticed you mentioned western NY as home. Welcome.. What Part of west NY? I have a family summer home in Lewis County..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

HK Dan Guest
    Hi all.

I am located in NE Iowa, an avid USPSA and IDPA competitor, and have been carrying for 15 years now. I am a former Marine tanker, and now work for a hotel management company. As teh screen name implies, I love my HKs but shoot my GLOCKs.

Please forgive me in advance for any quips about 1911s and reliability; after 5 years of taking trash from the 1911 guys we've adopted a "Strike First" policy with respect to Mr. Browning's venerable design. No disrespect intended, I think everyone should own a 1911. Properly framed and matted, they compliment any decor...<heh heh heh>

Anyway--I look forward to getting to know you.
    HK Dan