New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 533
Page 533 of 650 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. I'm new to the group... My husband got me a S&W Body Guard 380 for Christmas I Love it

Welcome to all the new ones and I hope you enjoy it here. There's a lot of intelligent people here if you have questions.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

4. Welcome to the world of concealed carry! I am a veteran LEO with over 30 years experience, and IMHO, the best way to pick a concealment weapon is to do LOTS of research into what is going to be comfortable for you & your ergonomics; I.E. what you are used to for controls, reloading the pistol under stress, carry positions, etc. Lots of stuff to think over. All of it boils down to what you are comfortable with. If you have a local range that rents pistols, this is a good place to start finding out what fits your hand. Handguns are a most personal choice, as not every weapon fits every one. Good luck, and welcome aboard!

5. Hello everyone. I'm from the Sunshine State.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using USA Carry mobile app

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...could someone please tell me how to edit my profile info. I have the mobile version, btw

Hello friends. I live in extreme Southeast Arkansas. Got my CCL four months ago and since then bought a Glock 27 and Ruger LCP. My wife's CCL ap is in the works so I bought her a Tarus .380 revolver and concealed carry purse for Christmas. Glad to find this forum. Going out to the range here in a few :)

8. Have fun & take LOTS of ammo & targets! Congrats to you both for joining the Right-To-Carry crowd!

Thanks for having me. I've been reviewing the posts that appear on the igHome Gadget entry and have enjoyed it. I am retired from the Air Force aircraft maintenance field and only have minimal experience with handguns. My weapon of choice was the B-52, but I can not confirm or deny we had nuclear weapons on board. My physical abilities were hampered by a heart attack, so I have "armed" myself so I can still defend myself and my family. I'm a internet junkie and try to read and view articles and videos to learn the "trade". Now that the prices and availability has improved, I can spend some time at our local range. I only ask one thing from the members of this forum, don't feed me a bunch of BS..... ha ha. I want to do this endeavor correctly. Thanks for the great posts I've encountered so far, you are a great "family" to be associated with.
    God Bless.

10. Get some good training. FrontSight in Nevada is one of the best. They also teach situational awareness and legalities as well as firearms handling. If you have a FrontSight ambassador in your area who runs their dry practice course, sign up at https://athometraining.frontsight.com I go to FrontSight once a year from Florida and it's well worth the trip.

Since you bought your wife a .380, a female instructor who knows how to manipulate a semi-auto without the sort of hand strength a man has would also be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyCCLandmyGuns View Post
    Hello friends. I live in extreme Southeast Arkansas. Got my CCL four months ago and since then bought a Glock 27 and Ruger LCP. My wife's CCL ap is in the works so I bought her a Tarus .380 revolver and concealed carry purse for Christmas. Glad to find this forum. Going out to the range here in a few :)
    Don't force your wife to use the concealed carry purse if she doesn't feel right with it. I bought several of them when I first got my CCL, but I never used any of them. For one thing, I'm bad about forgetting my purse just about everywhere. And for another thing, that's the first thing somebody's going to grab in case of a mugging and then they're going to have my purse AND my gun.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup