New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 545
Page 545 of 650 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 6497

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

I am new to shooting. I keep my gun locked up at home because I haven't had any training or practice in the self defense area. It is very hard to find a self defense class in my area. The trainings are few and far between. I will keep going to the range and practice in the mean time.
    How should I go about to find training in my area?

Que

3. New from Chicago burbs.
    Very happy to be a member.

4. Quote Originally Posted by quehas4 View Post
    I am new to shooting. I keep my gun locked up at home because I haven't had any training or practice in the self defense area. It is very hard to find a self defense class in my area. The trainings are few and far between. I will keep going to the range and practice in the mean time.

Que
    Check at your local gun shop and ask at the range. If you talk to enough gun people, you will usually hear one or two that stand out. Most of those shooting will want you to get the best training.

5. Hello,
    My screen name says it all. I have owned and used firearms for the past 40 years. Worked in a profession that required re qualifying every year. Had a CCW permit in CT. Back in the 70's. Then I moved to Wisconsin. It took me 30 plus years to get my next one. Finally, I cam now carry every day. I have been watching the forum for a while. Didn't read my welcome email telling me I had to post here first. Better late than never.

6. Good Evening,
    so i guess ill start this off as an introduction. I am a US Marine, i have been in for almost 7 years and enjoy every second of it. i have a wife and a child and just recently received my CCW for Virginia which is great because i didnt really need it in Arizona where i was stationed before or in California because they are stingy and really dont like to issue CCW's there or at least in San Diego County where i was. thats basically all i have for now. I look forward to talking to you all in the future. Semper Fidelis.

7. Looking forward at the chance to win all those items in the free give away!

8. Great forum to stumble upon!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

9. Quote Originally Posted by quehas4 View Post

Que
    Check out http://athometraining.frontsight.com to see if there is a FrontSight Firearms Training Institute Ambassador in your area offering the dry practice course. This is a good way to start. If you can get to Pahrump, NV for a live fire class do so. I have class certificates and memberships for sale if you can use them. Dry practice on presentation from the holster, trigger control, and clearing malfunctions will do more to improve your shooting than any range time and it doesn't cost range time or ammo. Log onto Frontsight.com and get the free training reports also. To contact me search Ambassador classes available in 32068 zip code on the athometraining site.

10. Hi

11. Hi Everyone!
    I am a Viet Nam Vet from WI. Got my CCw along with my first pistol back in Jan of this yr. It is a trip learning to shoot a pistol as I have always used rifles & shotguns. But we are getting better every trip to the range. My first pistol is a H&K P30S
    & so far I love it. The thing I need to find is a good holster for CCW. Any IDEAS??? Happy Trails !