New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 572
Page 572 of 651 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 6504

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Hello,

Just found this great website and I'm excited to learn more here and get to know others on the site. I'm an NRA certified instructor and love teaching women to shoot.

Paxsr9

Blog Entries
    Glad to have you with us. The more ladies that have familiarity with firearms - the less outrages against them. Now, as to your problem of "freezing."
    This is nothing new to first-time shooters. The cure is concentartion on what you're doing (sight picture, breath control, proper grip, etc., etc.) and nothing else. Don't even think about your last shot but concentrate on your next shot. Also, don't shoot too many rounds at one session. Start out with just a few and then gradually increase the number of rounds until firing becomes second nature. This takes a little time and patience but you obviously have both the will and talent to become an excelebt marksman and I wish you good luck.

rpeckham
    Washington, DC

P.S. I stongly recommend that you invest in a pair of quality electronic ear baffles. Personally, I use Peltor.

S & W M&P Shield - like it?

Thanks for the welcome.

6. Correct dry practice prevents common live fire mistakes

If you train your muscle memory with dry practice before going to the range, you can avoid most of the common live fire problems. You don't get distracted by the bang, recoil and muzzle flip while training your muscles for proper stance, grip and trigger control. Then you will automatically react instead of having to think about everything. Once you've got this training, you're ready for the range.

Quote Originally Posted by rpeckham View Post
    Glad to have you with us. The more ladies that have familiarity with firearms - the less outrages against them. Now, as to your problem of "freezing."
    This is nothing new to first-time shooters. The cure is concentartion on what you're doing (sight picture, breath control, proper grip, etc., etc.) and nothing else. Don't even think about your last shot but concentrate on your next shot. Also, don't shoot too many rounds at one session. Start out with just a few and then gradually increase the number of rounds until firing becomes second nature. This takes a little time and patience but you obviously have both the will and talent to become an excelebt marksman and I wish you good luck.

rpeckham
    Washington, DC

P.S. I stongly recommend that you invest in a pair of quality electronic ear baffles. Personally, I use Peltor.

7. Hello Folks

Hey y'all.

New Member from Michigan.

Been reading these boards off and on for the last year or so. Decided to join today! Washington DC here. Well, Virginia just outside of DC.

@FireRunner I hear there's been some interesting things happening with concealed cary in DC lately...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app