New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 573
Page 573 of 651 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 6504

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. Some DC judges can read the Constitution, but most of the politicians are still trying to keep honest people disarmed. Glad you're outside the district--and not on the Maryland side. Virginia is still reasonable. If you decide to move to friendlier territory, Florida's CCW is accepted in more states than any other as long as you're a resident, but you can get a non-resident FL CCW that's still good in quite a few states.

3. I'm a Frontsight ambassador, teaching their dry practice course. I've had quite a few women who were having trouble handling semi-autos, because the men who were trying to teach them had enough more hand strength that the way they did things didn't work for the women. I've learned the leverage techniques to make it easy to manipulate a semi-auto, and teach them to my female students. Anybody near north FL can sign up for one of my classes at: athometraining.frontsight.com. Other ambassadors all over the country also have classes scheduled--you can search them at the same site.

Like what?

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

Yes, DC is trying to pass a "improved" gun bill that is technically the same as the previous one. The only difference is a person can apply for a CCP, but has to give "good reason" why they need to carry. Of course therein lies the problem. "Good reason" is debatable so who gives the right to the police chief to tell me I don't have "good reason". My family owns several businesses in DC and we've been robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight twice in the last six months. I've had my CCP in VA for years and shoot at the range 2-4 times a month. My background is perfect and I was a career fireman for eight years. But, I bet you 100% if I apply for a CCP in DC and tell them it's because I need to move money out each week and I need the gun for protection...they will still reject it.

I can understand DC is federal government. However, a very large portion of DC is not federal. They need to understand that. Not everyone here works for the government. In fact I would guess less than 25% of the population around here does.

New member from Kentucky, .38 SPL+P-Judge

Newbie from Kentucky,a big bluegrass howdy to all USA Carry & CC holders. I'm .38 SPL+P-Judge
    I've been a CDWL,holder dating back to the days the Commonwealth of Ky.made it a Law.

8. USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

9. Just want to say hello from the Bluegrass area of Kentucky. I am a Master Sergeant of Marines (retired in 1996). NRA life member and very ugly. I have also been told that my feet stink and my mother dresses me funny. Life has been pretty good to me. I hope to learn a thing or 2 from all you knowledgeable folks!

Have a GREAT day!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by TopJeff View Post
    Just want to say hello from the Bluegrass area of Kentucky. I am a Master Sergeant of Marines (retired in 1996). NRA life member and very ugly. I have also been told that my feet stink and my mother dresses me funny. Life has been pretty good to me. I hope to learn a thing or 2 from all you knowledgeable folks!

Have a GREAT day!

Jeff
    Welcome from a newbie from L/ville,Ky. TopJeff.....U.S.M.C. Vitenam Veteran...Semper Fidelis!
    You only live one life, which one would you choose to be, armed or unarmed ?
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 45 Cal. / M&P 40 Cal.Shield Auto / S&W 40VE Cal. Auto
    Taurus .38 SPL +P 5 shots Polymer Revolver/ EAA,.38/357 Magnum 6 shots Revolver

Blog Entries
    Hi I'm Tina Bowman. I'm an NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, CRSO Instructor. I also teach concealed carry in Missouri. Thanks for the add.