New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 589
Page 589 of 650 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599639 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 6493

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

1. New Member Welcome Thread 2

I'm a newbie here- from eastern WA. Looking forward to understanding the app, and talking with some of you. :) I currently do Not Have my CPL (getting it very soon) but will be doing some traveling very soon, trough ID, NV, UT, and AZ. Any pointers you might have for me? This will mark my first road trip (out of state) with a handgun.

Welcome, Txbobcat & Countryvixen 18
    My Wife and I have been in our RV (Fulltime) for 8 years. We are in Panama City Beach, Fl. and have this as our Residence and take off from here, traveling. We started out in N.H., went to Maine for two yrs. and ended up here at the Beach and love this town. While traveling, you must make sure you know, what States you can and can't carry in. New England is very tough and it is too bad. You are able to look at the Reciprocity Map on this Website and it will l et know which states are alright and which ones aren't. There are some States that your firearms must be lock in a case and in your RV or Trunk (empty mags and no mags in guns). Others you can pass through with firearms and that is all, no stopping overnight. My Wife and I both have our CCW Permits and do a lot of traveling by RV & Airplanes. Airports are very good with checking in your Firearms and make it pretty easy as long as you have them in TSA locked cases Just be aware that if you fly into States like NY and others that your firearm is not welcome in that State and it will most likely be Confiscated. I believe it is now 32 States that I can carry with my Fl. permit and when traveling through States that prohibit my (or anybody else's Permits) I make darn sure that I comply with their laws. Good luck to you both! Stay Safe!

Good to see all the new members....welcome!
    Michael
    USCG (Ret.)
    Distinguished NRA Life Member

Indeed! Welcome folks

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

6. Quote Originally Posted by Countryvixen18 View Post
    I'm a newbie here- from eastern WA. Looking forward to understanding the app, and talking with some of you. :) I currently do Not Have my CPL (getting it very soon) but will be doing some traveling very soon, trough ID, NV, UT, and AZ. Any pointers you might have for me? This will mark my first road trip (out of state) with a handgun.
    Welcome Countryvixen18,
    If you happen to have an apple iPad, you can download an app from the apple store called "CCW-Concealed Carry 50 State Guide." I've been using it for the last year and it's very informative. It uses your location and you can click on "My Permit States" and it will list all the states that recognize your carry permit and the ones that don't. It updates the data base on a regular basis to keep it up to date with the latest changes.
    Other selections from its home page are:
    Posted: a list of Posted Locations where you can search by City, Zip, Store Name, etc. And you can post feedback and Add pro-gun alternatives to anti-gun stores.
    Your state's gun laws and Recent Updates: When you select your state you have the following options:
    The state's firearm Statutes
    State's Handgun Facts
    Even a Printable CCW Application for that state.
    Reciprocity States
    Transport Laws
    Prohibited Areas (for the selected state)
    Preemption Rules
    Signage Laws
    Open Carry Laws
    Federal Transport Laws
    Federal Prohibited Locations
    LEO/Retired LEO Permit
    There's other information, you just have to click around.
    If I remember correctly the price is a whopping $0.99 and well worth it.

Hope this is helpful, I check it regularly, especially the establishments in my area that post 30.06 signs.

John

7. Good morning shooters. Glad to be a part of this community!

Quote Originally Posted by Countryvixen18 View Post
    I have traveled in those states with a shotgun in the back floorboard of my truck. I just go my Texas CCL, so I haven't carried a CCW in any of the states. For Nevada I would just say it would probably be very advisable to leave your CCW in the trailer. If you're in a Motorhome that would be a different story for Nevada travel. I believe others may have better advice for a Motorhome than I. Washington's license is not honored in a lot of states. Go to the home page of USACARRY and look at the Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps. This will give you information about each state and their Reciprocity.

Also you might go to RV Forums. There are a lot of RVers that carry firearms. Many of them are LEO's. The Escapees RV Club Forum is very informative. Just Google Escapees Forum for a good link.

BC

9. I'm a newbie originally from California. Been an NRA instructor for a few years in Ohio, then moved back to California 2 years ago for family. Was fortunate to get a CCW in Merced Count initially, then moved to Fresno and had to wait 6 months before applying, Just went in for my finger printing and background check before permit is issued. Just waiting for it to be issued. Glad to join the forums and support 2nd amendment rights in California and across the nation.Glad to be a part of the forums. :)

10. I'm a newbie to this site and I am looking forward to getting valuable information. I've recently moved from Calif to Oregon and feel that I've got my 2nd amendment rights back. It only took one week to get my concel carry permit. One of the first things I did is buy some mags larger than 10 rounds. I can go in a buy a firearm and walk out with it in about 30 minutes - what a deal!!

Hi all I'm a newbie to the site and I'm from the great state of NJ. I'm looking forward to obtaining a lot of good information from the site an hope to have NJ one day have concealed permits in the great state of NJ.