New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 64
Page 64 of 647 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164564 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Bill from Virginia

Hi folks, my name is Bill and I am a 65 year old retired trucker with close to 30 years OTR. I am also a licensed bail bondsman in Virginia with a bit over 10 years in the business. I served in the US Marines in the early 60's, I ride a Harley, I hunt, fish and like messing with computers, guns, dogs and my lovely wife Gail. I have 4 children and a son in law who are all in the bail bonds business in Virginia. Before my knees went south on me, I enjoyed Karate. I carry concealed and do my own fugitive recovery work when needed although I do not get many 'skips'. My weapon of choice is a Springfield XD40 subcompact. I also like my SP101 stainless hammerless in .357... although I do not carry with .357's just +P's... I also am partial to Beretta's and Ruger's. I have always enjoyed gun sports and like to get into discussions about different subjects relating to different weapons and their application. I reloaded for many years but no more.... I am not the least bit shy and will jump headlong into a thread if I feel I have something of interest to contribute... I belong to at least one other related website and post regularly under the name "speezack". I have read a fair amount of posts on this site and find it to be informative and interesting. I look forward to future reading and interactions with most anyone.
    Bill Marx, Sr.
    Southside Virginia
    Licensed Virginia Bail Bondsman

3. Glad to be here.

Welcome to the forum, speezack! Glad to have you here...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Hi, new to the web site. I've had my cc for about 20yrs here in Oregon. I first got it when I was driving early morning and late at night to go to school 100 miles from where I lived. I had my 4yr old with me in the car on those long drives so I wanted to make sure we were safe in case the car ever broke down. At that time I carried a Iver Johnson 22 pistol. Now I carry a Kel-tec P32. I like it because it's easy to carry in my jacket pocket or purse. I also have a Springfied XD9mm 3" barrel, subcompact. Last, I have an AK 47. Imported from Romania, wood stock,762x39 semi-auto. My favorite one to shoot is the 9mm.
    I'm going to get my Utah cc when I have time to take the class. I want to be able to carry in Washington state and they don't honor Oregon cc.
    Looking forward to learning a lot of great info on this site. I follow it on Twitter also.
    pat

6. Hello I am a new member from California

More new blood joining you from Arizona. Nice site. Hope to have time to read more soon. Thanks for keeping it up. Works like a charm.

Mitchell3006

Washington has CCW permits without a class or fingerpints when I got mine while "visiting" Ft Lewis. Came in the mail to AZ three weeks later. It was cheap also. I also have a Keltec 32. Once I found out how to manage the long double action trigger pull I can shoot it rather well for such a small gun. The best gun to have is the one you have on you when you need it. It is also one of my favorites. Good luck and shoot straight,

Mitchell3006

I would like to take this oppurtunity to say Hello to all USACarry members and to wish all of you the very best.
    My name is Mike and I just joined USA Carry last night and am not sure if I am posting this introduction in the correct place.
    I look forward to any and all opportunities be helpful in whatever ares possible.
    I am proud to be an American and support the right to carry. I do carry everwhere I am legally allowed and I am fortunate that in Michigan we are allowed to open carry and I DO.
    If there is anything I can do to help anyone please feel free to contact me at any time.
    I also am very proactive and write our elected officials every few days and hope all of you do the same as we can make a difference.
    I intended for this to be a quick Hello but got carried away.
    So Hello and best wishes.
    Mike

A lot of new people on the forum today. Welcome from SC, willipat, RRGlock23, Mitchell3006 and mblapeer! We're glad to have all of you aboard!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

"Hi there," from the Old North state, willipat, RRGlock23, Mitchell3006 and mblapeer!!!
    Welcome to the show!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike