New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 642
Page 642 of 650 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 6497

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Hello group! Happy to be a new member from the conservative going liberal (unfortunately) state of Colorado.

3. Hello new member hear from the state of Maryland. New to the whole concealed carry thing have my permit from Florida Virginia and Utah right now unfortunately Maryland's not so easy to obtain CCW permit look forward to reading and talking about more firearm-related news and discussions

Sent from my SM-N910P using USA Carry mobile app

4. I am NYC is there any day coming when I can carry concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Didartahmim View Post
    I am NYC is there any day coming when I can carry concealed?
    Answer #1: Never!

Answer #2: Trump will fix it soon! (Not really, but some people actually do believe that.)

Answer #3: You already can! Learn the difference between being able to and being allowed to.

Answer #4: Yes, the day you move out of that city.

Your choice! Welcome to the forum.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Answer #1: Never!

Answer #2: Trump will fix it soon! (Not really, but some people actually do believe that.)

Answer #3: You already can! Learn the difference between being able to and being allowed to.

Answer #4: Yes, the day you move out of that city.

Your choice! Welcome to the forum.
    Agree with all except #2. Not even a President Chuck Norris is fixing that fetid anarchy frappe. It was all downhill after Rudy.

The Place To Be

7. Hey guys,
    I've just joined so glad to be here.

8. Hello all! New member from East Texas. Fairly new to carrying but no stranger to firearms. Just got my carry license this past January. Always looking for tips and advice to be the most responsible armed citizen I can be ;)

9. Hello! Another Hoosier joining in. Surprised how easy it was to get a Firearm Permit, pay the money, get finger printed, and get permit in two weeks. Essentially a revenue machine for county sheriff (they do spend it on training for the public) and state police. I believe all competent good people should be able to carry everywhere. I've seen enough bad practices in the two months since I've started shooting to believe training should be a requirement though. How the hell does one forget about their gun until it starts banging in the washer at the laundromat? One does not see the competent carry people, just the incompetent ones! I don't want to be around the incompetent ones, let alone talk to them.

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingSol07 View Post
    Hello! Another Hoosier joining in. Surprised how easy it was to get a Firearm Permit, pay the money, get finger printed, and get permit in two weeks. Essentially a revenue machine for county sheriff (they do spend it on training for the public) and state police. I believe all competent good people should be able to carry everywhere. I've seen enough bad practices in the two months since I've started shooting to believe training should be a requirement though. How the hell does one forget about their gun until it starts banging in the washer at the laundromat? One does not see the competent carry people, just the incompetent ones! I don't want to be around the incompetent ones, let alone talk to them.

Tim.
    The 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about needing a permit or training!

A permit and mandatory training to carry a firearm is an ill conceived concept. How much training is necessary to pass a government-mandated test for carrying a firearm? How much money do you have to spend to exercise a right? How much time do you have to wait until you can exercise that right? See 'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit.

What training do you have to judge others anyway? I bet if you and me go to a range right now, I could show you in 10 minutes how incompetent you are in firearms handling and self defense with a firearm. I can argue that you should not be allowed to carry a firearm. I can also just argue that you need more training, which you do.

Welcome to the forum.

PS: One could argue that the "well-regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment does mandate training, just not the way you envision it.

11. Hello, from Wichita, KS ☆☆
    I'm new here @ the USA Concealed Carry info page, and I'm ready to learn all I can for purposes of self defense!!