New Member Welcome Thread 2 - Page 93
Page 93 of 647 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Thread 2

Welcome jc4x4tug and BillW, we're glad to have you here!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

3. Newbie from NE Ohio

Hi All:

I found your site from a link on Patriotslist. Looks like a lotta great folks and some great topics, discussions and comments. I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a lot. I'm relatively new to the gun world so I'll definately have more questions than answers. I do have my CCW.

Frank

Welcome Rick-O-Shay....... Rabbit? Anyone remember him? " Sheriff Ping ping PING!!!!!" Glad you could join us. Hey 38 I use that same War Eagle on a couple other forums I frequent. I love it! I call it "War Eagle'"
    The Eagle's war paint is on

Just joined... from rural Maine. Musician, dad, husband. Glock 23/Kel Tec P3AT. Been carrying every time I leave the house (and sometimes around the house) for 5 years.

Welcome to the site FSorace and lordoftheviolin!
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Waiting in the Twin Cities

Applied for Utah's permit from Minnesota. It's cheaper, and honored by my home state. Now I wish I had just gone down to my County courthouse and applied there. Utah cashed my check 11/7, and I'm still waiting for my permit and a variety of holsters for my Glock 19. I won't carry with one in the chamber. Not yet anyway.

My wife and I took a course and applied together. I have devoured Massad Ayoob's "The Gun Digest Book of: Concealed Carry", and suggest it to everyone. I bought,"Personal Defense for Women", by Gila Hayes for my wife, and I ended up reading it cover to cover too. I found the section on shotguns particularly informative. Now I'm drooling for the Remington 870 Express 18" with extension tube and folding stock in 20 ga. so my girls can handle it.

I had never been much of a gun nut growing up, but plunked at targets with an pellet gun, sling shot, or my friends rifles when his dad brought us up North. (That's what we City folk call the places we go on the weekends in the summer where we can find a lake and some fishing poles. Honest to god heaven on earth.) This sudden interest in being armed has little to do with any politician's gun policies, but has more to do with my wife opening a restaurant. I want her to be able to defend herself and our 13 year old daughter if I should ever check out first. And then there is this sudden interest in older boys by my daughter...
    Peace through superior firepower.

Welcome to new folks from Northern Indiana.

Hi! New guy from Utah here looks like an interesting bunch to hang out with!
    "The amount of intelligence on the planet is fixed... the population is growing"

I am new to this web sight. My Christmas present is cc course. Trying to find info on different pistolds and how to find out which best for me.

cfairall

Welcome from SC, RoastedTurkey, dghpts and cfairall. We're glad to have you aboard!